DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Black Eye for Ford EcoBoost

6K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Ramajama 
#1 ·
#2 ·
interesting. My uncle has the eco boost and complains about that shuddering when accelerating. He says it usually happens when it's humid or raining, like moisture is effin up the intercooler/turbo some how.

#3 ·
It's a fairly common issue the guys on the F150 boards often bring up.

I hope for their sake, Fords steps up.

Thanks for posting.

#4 ·
I've heard complaints of this as well but first time I've seen it in writing. I also hope Ford steps up, nothing sucks more than paying for a 45K+ truck that you have no confidence in.

#7 ·
I drive an F150 ecoboost for my work truck and the big issue that I have come upon is the tranny refusing to shift or shift at odd times. When I accelerate on onramps to get up to highway speeds the tranny will shift to 3rd gear and then just sit there. I have to put the truck in neutral and pull over to the side of the road, then once it stops rolling it starts acting normal again. Dealer says they can't find anything wrong with it, imagine that :)

#12 ·
Just like Chrysler is playing dumb with the OAT coolant and radiator hose issue on the 2013 & 2014 trucks.

Reactions: Asur
#15 ·
And now we have the 1.6 Egoboost recalled for the SEVENTH time.

The ONLY thing Egoboost has been successful at is fooling people into thinking it's something special.

The fact is, the 4 bangers drink fuel like a V6 and the V6 drinks fuel like a V8...all while being far more complicated/problematic/expensive to maintain and repair.

And we all know how Ford is dishonest with their fuel economy claims. Egoboost is a joke.

#18 ·
Talkin to this dude in the gym that had an Ecoboost F150 and there were so many issues w it that it was at the dealer for seven months out of twelve. All the stuff we read about. Shuddering etc. He finally got Ford to buy it back. They gave him a 2012 (not ecoboost) for the taxes on it.

Reactions: Asur
#23 · (Edited)
We just traded in my wife's Expedition on a 2013 F150. We got the 5.0. No way I'd get an ecoboost. The 5.0 is adequate and gets almost the same gas milage as the ecoboost.

I tried like hell to convince her to get a Big Horn Quad with the 8 speed and 3.92...what a BEAST. But she liked the Ford better. Women!!!....LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.