DODGE RAM FORUM banner

22" wheels with 305/45/22 tires??

23K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RamHemi5.7 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll be honest, I'm not one for big bling wheels, but the 20" wheels on the Ram Crew Cab 4x4 look nice but maybe a tiny bit small. I looked for 21" wheels, but it seems they don't make them, it goes up to 22"

Yes, I know 22" wheels means a 285/45/22 tire to match the OEM diameter.
But since the 3.55 axle ratio isn't available for 2014 anymore, I'm getting 3.92's on the new truck that's being swapped out by Chrysler for my 2013.

So I figured maybe I'll up size the tires a bit, and 305/45/22's are essentially 33" tires.

Anybody run the 22" wheel with 305/45/22 tires (or any other 33" tire)?

If so, how do you like it and post some pics for me, I want to see if it looks nice or to bling for me.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I dont personally run them, i run 285/45/22. Theres nothing wrong with 305/45s i just think the285s looked better since im lowered.

Check out the lowered 4th gen trucks thread in the pics section. Theres a few pics there i can remember and arent too hard to find. If not, the search feature works nice!

#3 ·
Great question...I'm wanting to run the same size tire...Cooper Zeon XSTA (summer/all season high performance tire) Coopers top tire for lightweight trucks..

I used the wheel calculator on discountiredirect web site the difference between stock 275-60-20 and 305-45-22 is 1.18" wider tire...so the width is the concern/rubbing...

Sidewall is 1" shorter but the overall diameter is almost identical...so 65MPH vs 64.7MPH

I hope someone chimes in that is running 22X10 Wheels with this tire size.

I'm getting the replica 22 viper srt 10 wheels....

#4 ·
Theres plenty of people running the srts with 305/45, seems to be the most common size actually, id say go for it!! Unless someone can chime in and say otherwise... i dont see a problem with it??

#5 ·
305/45/22 x 9.5- that's what I run. 2/3 drop - no rubs- issues of any kind.
I posted this pic a few times in various places.

not too bling LOL

#6 ·
I searched a bit but couldn't find any pics of the Ram 1500 with these size wheels and tires on a truck that is at stock height.
All the pics with the 22" wheel and 305 tires seem to be on trucks that have been lowered.

Anybody run them on the stock suspension set up?
If so, please post some pics.

Best

#8 ·
I have the 305-22's on my lowered truck as indicated above. I had a 5 day period between getting the new wheels/tires and installing the drop springs.
I thought it looked pretty goofy myself and did not take it out much or take pictures. there was a ton of space between the tire and wheel well.
For me... the 22" wheel look is nice if it fills the well. Sorry no pic

#10 ·
^^ Thanks RamHemi5.7

That's what I was looking for.
Looks good.
Those factory R/T wheels, do you know if they all come with the red on them or
do they come with just the black and chrome?

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.