DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HemiFever Tune 129MPH

4K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
Finally took the truck on a high speed run, I didn't set up my camera (next time) but it wasn't planned either. Leaving a friends house late one night I had a clear stretch of 3 lane highway and decided to floor it. I'm sorry the picture is blurry but you can make out the numbers, and I was more concerned with paying attention to the road than getting a good picture with my cell phone lol

Red Needle in the background is pegged @ 120 and the Diabloreadout says 129, the other umber is at 100% which is my throttle blade position and the bar gauge is the RPM.

I will say there's more power left to go faster but I chickened out and slowed down as I was coming up on a semi, I didn't want him ratting me out :LOL:

See less See more
#14 ·
@130 on an empty 3 lane highway (3 lanes on my side so technically 6 lane) if shits going to go wrong its going to be catastrophic no matter what lol I had my phone resting on my wallet, all I had to do was tap on the screen. Very simple, didn't even have to look away from the road :smileup: I'm not stupid, but I do like going fast :D

Truck felt incredibly solid on the road and very smooth. I don't know how much is left in it but I'm happy with knowing I can hit those numbers and there's no "SRT" Badge on it. The Challengers supposedly max out around 140.

#5 ·
Went 125 once so far with my SRT ram in 5th at 3400rpm, still had 1 1/2 gears to go. Supposed to be able to hit 160 stock, won't be stock after April, then I'll really get scared!!!LOL Nice run for sure, those tunes for the hemis are great......

#7 ·
I am curious to see how fast they can go after a HF tune. I know with just the superchips and standard boltons my 08 would easily hit that 120 mark and then some. I don't know exactly how fast as I didn't have a GPS. I also want to let everyone know that I hit these speeds on a lonely desert road. flat and straight and empty as far as the eye can see.

#9 ·
Back in the day I did close to 160 on a 2-lane country road in my '91 5.0 'stang :158:!! That was some scary sh*t :str:, won't ever do anything crazy like that again! The road felt like it got just wide enough for the car, lol!

#26 ·
That is insane fast...:LOL: you are more of a man than I am I would not go the fast on 4 wheels, on two now that is a whole other store :) I too would like to know what was done to that 5.0 that is crazy fast for a 5.0 how did it handle at speeds above 120?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Lots of suspension parts, lots of go-fast parts, and a T-56 :smileup: . It handled very well at all speeds! It had a little more, but I was running out of cajones and road very quickly. Not too sane, in retrospect. :4-looney:

#17 ·
here ya go want to go fast lol just read this

While there has been nothing to confirm this rumor from the folks at the Chrysler Group - the internet is ripe with the whispers that the 2014 SRT8 vehicles will be powered by a new supercharged Hemi V8 packing supercharged power and the name "Hellcat". Originally, these rumors suggested that the supercharged Hellcat Hemi would be the sole engine option for the upcoming (and currently non-existent) SRT Barracuda but lately, those who create internet rumors believe that this engine will instead be offered in some sort of higher performance trimline for the SRT variants of the Charger, Challenger and the Chrysler 300C.

Since there has been no official word from Chrysler as to the existence of this supercharged Hellcat Hemi V8, all of the information that we can discuss comes strictly from the rumormill but these rumors are very exciting - to say the least. The Hellcat Hemi is expected to measure 6.2 liters while a rooted supercharger is expected to create somewhere in the area of 600 horsepower and 550lb-ft of torque. This is a substantial jump over the 470 horsepower currently offered by the Charger and Challenger SRT8 and while it is romantic to think that Chrysler would offer a 600 horsepower Challenger SRT8 - this engine will most likely be reserved for some sort of ultra high end trimline for the SRT muscle cars. The other option is that the SRT vehicles as we know them will all be spun off into SRT branded vehicles rather than trimlines of the Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300C but we have to question what kind of jump in price would come with a jump in power that makes these models almost as powerful as the 2013 SRT Viper.

The current rumors go so far as to suggest that the new 6.2L Hellcat Hemi will be available as early as this summer - which would put this new engine right in line to be introduced with the 2014 model year of the different SRT8 products. The current Dodge Challenger SRT8 with 470 horsepower and 470lb-ft of torque carries a base price of $45,750 including the $995 destination fee and the $1,000 gas guzzler tax while the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 starts around $55,445 and the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 starts at $56,550. This means that the 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8 packing the 600 horsepower supercharged Hellcat Hemi could see a price increase of some $10,000 and still be the less expensive option of the three super muscle cars.

For the Dodge Charger SRT8 and Chrysler 300C SRT8, their high performance competition comes strictly from European luxury brands so those two sedans could handle a huge price increase without getting anywhere near the price of other high end sedans like the BMW M5 or the Mercedes Benz E63 AMG. The current AMG E63 packs "only" 518 horsepower while carrying a price tag that starts around $90,000 while the BMW M5 offers 560 horsepower and a $90k price tag of its own. Should the Chrysler Group equip the Charger and 300C SRT8 variants with 600 horsepower, they could charge somewhere in the area of $60,000 and still be a bargain buy in terms of high performance sedans.

Again, this is all based on rumors and speculation but should the rumors of a 6.2L Hellcat Hemi packing 600 supercharged horsepower be true - the Mopar nation could soon have some heavy hitters in the performance lineup that could go head to head with the best that the world has to offer.

#19 ·
Having taken my old '07 to 235km/hr (146MPH) I know what a built and tuned vehicle can do. I've taken it to those speeds twice, once on a friend's private road and once after being harassed by an M3 on the highway (it was an empty road), but I proved my point to that driver when I kicked in the N2O and started pulling away before slowing down because there's no need to continuously drive at those speeds.

I think the most important thing when driving at speed to have a vehicle that's actually built to handle the speed. Having a street trimmed vehicle at those speeds is a recipe for disaster, not to mention knowing how your vehicle handles at high speeds.

#22 ·
2 Wheels!

I know were talking about our trucks, but also speed. I was babysitting my sons R1 for the winter down in New Mexico some years ago. One nice early Sunday morning I decided I would go for a ride, just as the sun was rising across the White Sands Desert between Alamagordo and Las Cruces. I went out across those flats and was just cruising at 60 MPH then I shifted down a couple of gears and nailed it. Within 1/2 of a mile or so I was doing 176 and it was still pulling like a freight train. But I stopped at that speed, the bike was smooth as glass and stable what a rush!

#23 ·
I know were talking about our trucks, but also speed. I was babysitting my sons R1 for the winter down in New Mexico some years ago. One nice early Sunday morning I decided I would go for a ride, just as the sun was rising across the White Sands Desert between Alamagordo and Las Cruces. I went out across those flats and was just cruising at 60 MPH then I shifted down a couple of gears and nailed it. Within 1/2 of a mile or so I was doing 176 and it was still pulling like a freight train. But I stopped at that speed, the bike was smooth as glass and stable what a rush!
now your talking my language, R1's are beasts, I have an 07 turbo's r1 stretched 6", with new gearing and various other mods, the fastest i hvae took it was around 180mph and its still had plenty left to go :smileup:

#29 ·
This Charger R/T blew by me late one night doing like 75mph to my 60 and my brother(horrible influence) said, "You're going to let that guy blow by you like that?" Of course not? By the time I caught up we were both at 100 and went, not a strong speed range for me. I buried 120 and finally pulled on him after he shut off. Hurt my feeling a little but man was I flying. Not sure when a Charger cuts off but I was over that. Was going so fast my tires started to rub my fenders, not a fun noise to hear.

#32 ·
Damn speed demons.

In high school we took my buddy's car to ~163mph on I95, talk about stupid, and I was driving. Almost lost control when I let off the throttle, it's amazing the amount of force that comes from wind. Upon slowing down I warped his front rotors(and I was consciously trying to barely touch the brakes to avoid over heating them).

My buell tops out at ~130ish, never have taken it faster than that, but it only has 5 gears so it runs out of gear lol. It sure does get there fast though. I like to accelerate fast, I'm never doing 100+ again on a street, it's just WAY too dangerous, and not worth the penalties when you get caught. It's when, not if(don't ask me how I know). Just hope you get pulled over by someone that will let you off trusting that you learned a lesson. I've seen a lot of friends do stupid stuff and get hurt and killed. I always try to think twice or three times when I get the urge. Of course we all do stupid shit at times though lol.

#35 ·
It's definitely a difference but I'm not sure I'd spend another $125 on it. Back when the Trinity's first started rolling out Sean (HemiFever) was running a deal where he'd send you his tune for free if you bought a Tuner through him. If you're running basic bolt-ons a canned tune will be more than enough (and Bully Dogs Canned tune is Better than Diablo's from what I've read) but if you know you're going to need a custom tune down the road than Diablo is the way to go. It's obvious that the HF Tune has increased fuel and spark timing when you get on the throttle, reaction times and shifts are much better than the canned tune as well. Even with as well as the truck drives I'm not sure I would spend the $125 to get it done if I wasn't going to do more down the road.

#36 ·
God damn speed demons, havent done anything above 145km in this yet, seeing as unless its nice and dry, the truck has a mind of its own. I tried to pass someone on the expressway through my city comin up the escarpment, pinned it down with the ground a little wet and next thing i know i was going sideways, managed to maintain control and straighten back out without damaging anything or anyone, but the speed will wait till its warm and dry out.

Every other vehicle i have drove, I have hit the govenor atleast once or twice- between 160-180 kms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.