DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Rubber Antenna 2010 1500 Crew

13K views 67 replies 49 participants last post by  916Timmy 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share in case anyone was thinking about changing the stock one out. Same reception quality and about 8 bucks at Kragen. I just screwed it right on. First mod :w00t:

Attachments

See less See more
#57 ·
they do make window mount antenns's kinda look like the rear defrosters on cars... 2002 suburau started this... i was shocked to see dodge had this crap on a $35,000 plus vehicle

wonder if i could get an aftermarket one, and remove the factory ugly ass mast... wonder how big of a hole i would have in my fender??

#58 · (Edited)
OK so I found my first...errr....second mod LOL I am sooooooo going to get one of these tonight. I am tired of rhose at the car wash ending up wrapped around the tall antenna...Even if I loose a little recpetion I don't care I use the sattelite radio or my ipod anyway...

Yah know what ever happened to the automatic antenna eh? where you push a button it rols down and push the same button again and it goes up??? that would have been nice...

#59 ·
Picked one of these up at Part Source for $10.

So far I think the reception is the same if not better and I am loving not seeing that cell tower sized antenna flapping in the wind. :smileup:

#61 ·
so glad i joind this forum... never liked the stock antenna... the short rubber mast should do the trick... it looks more attractive than a similar short metal one and on my truck anything black against the bright silver metallic finish makes a great contrast... gonna look for one tonight... thanks

#62 ·
what i want to do with mine is cut the stock one down to the size i like and put a rubber end cap on it.....it looks sweet and it dont flop around in the wind...i had this done on my car but i cannot find the type of end caps i used:( which is really pissin me off lol cuz i want to do this mod

#63 ·
#65 ·
not liking most of the antenna masts at autozone, kragen/oreilly's, pep boys... found a mfr website called all sales mfg:

http://www.allsalesmfg.com/new_for_2010/big_stick_antenna.html

from another post on this forum that sells these antennas:

http://moesperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11_1124&products_id=674

look to be of high quality... want to investigate... feedback is welcome... thx
Thanks for the links, I might have to try it out. I have the one pictured below but she's a whister.

Just picked mine up at Auto Zone for $10

Love it! This is the metal one though not rubber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.