DODGE RAM FORUM banner

3rd Gen 1/4 mile time

12K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  USAF Long 
#1 ·
Decided I'd try a 1/4 mile run, had about 300lbs extra in the truck. my bud is 200lbs, spare tire is 85 and tailgate about 25lbs+.

Had some tire spin, loaded the motor, launched from 2500 rpm. the truck will run high 13's im sure.

See less See more
#4 ·
You might want to go to a track, that time is based off tire rotation, which if you spun any t all it would affect that. With those mods in most trucks will put you in the mid to high 14's and seen many in the 15's depending on the DA.

Check to see if your tire size is entered in correctly and try a run where you don't spin. But like said, the most accurate thing you will get is at a track

#5 ·
And what superchips has a 93 tune? Me and a few guys I race with have SC and ther is only a 91 octane tune.......?

#6 ·
I went to the track last year and ran a 14.1 at 99mph, with some nice tires. It was a cool day. think it was 68 degrees and my 60ft was 2.09. but I had my tailgate off, spare off, back seats out, My tire pressure was around 32psi.

Its 91+ tune running 93 oct. and go look at my 0-60 videos. the truck is not normal ;)

#7 ·
Not saying I don't believe you but my truck with cam and full bolt ons with the same tune with 4.56 gears on 29" radials and a short belt runs 8.50's in the 1/8 and only ran the 1/4 in the summer and it ran on a hot day a 13.77 at 97 mph. Ill wait for a track vid or your truck before I go to deep into thought about these claims, I race with dodge guys just about every other weekend so I know how this trucks act real well. One of my buddy's on stock motor and bolt ons is running 13.95 at 95 right now in a single cab with a stall converter in about the same weather you ate talking about.

#9 · (Edited)
I believe it my buddy had an 05 with superchips 91 tune, CAI, and longtubes/magnaflow muffler and ran 15.0 ish. Don't recall if he ever actually got a 14.XX slip but he was right there. He had 20's too. He had 3.92's and LSD. Running on regular tires not aired down or anything.

Try not loading so high to 2500rpm, the ecm will see this and retard timing. Try launching at more like 1500-2000 rpm.

4.56's can actually hold you back. Too low of gearing can actually hold you back, many guys with these rams run better times with 3.92's and 4.10's than 4.56's.

#10 ·
Every ram that holds records for fastest ram is running 4.56's, esspecially in the 3rd gens. I had 3.92's and switched to 4.56's and picked up right at 2 tenths and there is a large difference between a 14.1 at 99 and a 15 second pass .

#11 ·
#12 ·
shows your mph here at 94 in the 1/4 and 71 in the 1/8...... Would be some weird ass shit if you ran 99 at 14.1 at a track and some how on the street lost 5 mph and still ran a 14.1 with no major mod changes .

That would mean you trap 8 mph lower than me in the 1/8 mile and trap 2 mph more than me in the 1/4..........????? Just not adding up

#13 ·
One of your vids you posted was 0-60 in right at 5 sec and didn't start moving till 2800-3000 rpm, looks to have a stall converter from that vid, mine with a 2800 edge converter flashes at right about the same rpm

This video was right after cam

http://youtu.be/OhKtwYPQ8Ps

#20 ·
Love those vids bro, gonna be looking for 12's myself he in the near future. Doing heads and a custom cam from jay later this month and hope to dial it in and run in some decent DA. Love that truck Fred. And what roll pan is that you have? Looking to do away with my big rear bumper and tow hitch to help with weight and looks

#17 ·
..I miss driving with 4.56 gears..I'm actively looking for a gear shop to do my next setup... I did my own 3.92's but it takes a little more skill to do 4.56's...

#18 ·
Fred, aren't you running nearly the same times on 3.92's as you were 4.56's? Or am I thinking of stock converter vs aftermarket?

I need to take my truck in for the pinion nut recall soon, if they need to rebuild it I'm thinking about asking if I can pay for materials for LSD and 3.92 or 4.10. I'm not sure I want to though as currently I can get anywhere from 20-22mpg highway and not sure how much of a hit Ill take with the different gearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.