DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Searching for a 2013 at dealers: tricks to locating? Ramtrucks.com is terrible for searching

824 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a fairly specific truck, I could order it, but if I can find one on lot I can probably do better on the price and get it sooner...

I've tried searching for a the truck after building it on ramtrucks, but the locator is poor at best... I've found trucks that are very close or spot on match to some of the builds i specified, but they were not at the top of the list, I had picked a random page.

There is not great selection in my area (CT) so I'm looking all over the east coast to midwest to try to play dealers on cost.

how are you all finding your trucks?

#2 ·
I ordered mine. But you can go to a dealer you like and have a relationship with and they can search their database and find a vehicle for you have it shipped to your dealer. I was very interested in price and searched online for dealers and looked at their inventory and pricing and then used there pricing as leverage for negotiating my deal before the vehicle was ordered. A dealership in Nashville, TN was the best pricing I could find without having to negotiate.

#4 ·
It sounds more like you're trying to price shop, more so then look for an exact match.

If I where you, I'd look for a low cost dealer then ask him to locate and DX the vehicle for you. If not, I'd just order.

The trick to getting a decent price is to just call around and ask for a, before rebate, below invoice price. If you know you're going to get a vehicle for x% below invoice, then tell them exactly what you want. They can either locate or order it for you then. Most dealers will do invoice, by just asking ... 1.5% below invoice is very doable... More then that, gets a harder.

#5 ·
I just used google and entered dodge the locations in my area of search and checked out dealer sites till I found ones Iiked

#6 ·
Usually searching online will put you in touch with the Dealers Fleet/Internet Dept.
they beat the pants off the sales persons on the showroom floor Prices

#8 ·
I know we all think that the Powertrain, cab size, color are the important things
with the 2013 rams, you better add the RADIO into that equation

no radio from Chrysler can be switched to any other stock unit, Chrysler has stated that
RA1 is the cheapest, NO BLUETOOTH
RA2 does have BLUETOOTH, but nothing else to brag about
RA3 has the 8.4' screen, with the expensive Navigation Option & 8 GIG Hard drive
RA4 comes 8.4" screen with Navigation & a 16 GIG Hard drive
it also controls the Memory functions, like Seat, Adjustable Brake Pedal Height, radio presets, etc. It has High Definition sound

The radios are now part radio & part computer that control functions of the Ram itself
The radio now has Big Brother in it, just like GM's Onstar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.