DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Smashed the Door

677 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
So i went to pick my truck up the other day from the Dealership cause it needed the heater core replaced...it was rather windy that day...me being dumb i decided to open the driver door and then the ext cab door to put my stuff in...as i turned to put my stuff in the back the wind caught the front door and threw it completely open and smashed it into the service truck next to me! I checked their truck and saw there was no damage but when i checked mine it had completely split the paint and it was flaking off! I picked some of the flakes off and sanded it down but the door is completely exposed to the elements...should i get some touch up paint and cover it? Bondo it? Prime it? Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated...

G
#2 ·
If there are no dents then leave the bondo alone. I would suggest you sand down, primer and paint the area.

How big of an area is affected? You'll want to make sure you go past the area that is cracked and flaking when you sand otherwise it will crack through the new paint. You gotta chase down the crack and eliminate it before you paint.

#3 ·
:iagree: good advice Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.