DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Voice Recognition Problem

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lawren5 
#1 · (Edited)
The voice recognition in my new 2013 RAM 1500 equipped with Uconnect 5.0 doesn’t recognize commands. When I say “Call John Doe”, it displays “Processing…” for several seconds and then reverts back to the radio station. Both my iPhone and my wife’s Toyota work just fine when I give them commands.

The system will occasionally recognize simple commands such as “tune channel 5”. I’ve tested the system with no background (engine off) but no difference. Other posts have mentioned something about "voice training" but I don't believe that's available with Uconnect 5.0.

Does Uconnect have lousy voice recognition or is mine defective?

#3 ·
Good point!. I was not aware of the difference and was using the "voice recognition" button for phone calls. That being said, I tried using the "phone" button and the results were different although not better. When using the phone button, it says "Sorry, I did not understand that" or "Do you want to call <name>". The suggested name is always wrong. To date, it hasn't recognized a single name.

#4 ·
I don't have it in my truck but I do in my Challenger. It seems hit or miss. My daughters name is Shelby and half the time it comes back and says "call towing?" but if I try to or three times, it usually will go through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.