DODGE RAM FORUM banner

new member, nav mount, 4x4 service light

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wermbang 
#1 ·
Hello I've been following this forum for a while, so I decided to join
I really like this truck, it rides smooth handles corners great, quick steering enjoyable to drive, lots of power. You almost think your in a good handling car not a pick up

I made a mount for my garmin nuvi, I didn't have to cut up anything to make it work. I removed the rubber insert in the top tray thing above the radio, had a sheet metal shop bend up a piece of aluminium, used the existing holes in the base and used two machine screws.
I had the garmin, another truck and a car before I bought this truck so I didn't order it with nav. I posted some pics hope they load.

My next entry is a little different took my truck in for the first oil change at the dealer for warranty records, every thing going along fine came time for next oil change I did it my self crawl under truck, I see the oil filter is oily grab oily filter with my bare hand and I unscrew it with no effort, I think I will be doing my own oil changes from now on.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice mod for the Nuvi. :rep: I'd bring the oil filter issue to the attention of the Service Manager at the dealer. He/she can't fix what they don't know about. Plus it will help develop a good working relationship between you and them.

How about stopping by the Newbie area and introducing yourself. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.