DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Westin step bars.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JWest 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys I have been having problems lately with people opeining their doors on my truck (4 dents in one month to be exact). I'm fixing to put a level kit and 315/70/17's on it and while i'm at it I was thinking of putting step rails on my truck so the next time some moron opens their door on my truck it hits the rail instead of the body.
My question is, will the step rails stick far enough out for this to work?

#4 ·
Don't have any pics yet, but installed last night.

They stick out further then the bottom curve of the door, but seem to be about 1/2 in short of the furthest distance the door travels outward... Don't know if that makes sense or not.

With the height on my truck it potentially will stop any small sedans doors from hitting, but won't do anything against an SUV or another Truck... I will try and get some photos after work today up for you.

#5 ·
:smiledown:....... My wife is now responsible for 2 Door Dings on my truck from where she parks next to me in the Carport :wow:....... I showed her and she was like :hah:........ Well Look at that..... You should park in the driveway :SHOCKED:.......... She will like the bill I give her for dent wizards to pull the dings out.......

G
#6 ·
You can use some angle brackets and spacers to move them down and out a bit for some more protection. I've noticed that a lot of step bars almost suck up tight to the rocker panels...where ya gonna put your foot at for Pete's Sake???

G
#8 ·
Trust me i'm trying not to park near anyone! It's like people see a shiny car and think "hey lets park next to it and open our doors on it!"
:4-dontknow:

I cringe when I come out of the grocery store and see a minivan or some old beatup car sitting next to my truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.