DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Xd hoss+BFG A/T.. Would this fit?

911 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
I was looking at this tire/ rim combo to put onto my truck after I get bilstiens.. And was just wondering if this sizing combo would work properly.
Rims measurements..
size-17 width-9 bolt pattern-8x165.1 offset=-12 CB-125.5

Tire Measurements..
LT315/70R17
Max load-3195 lbs
tread depth-17/32"
tire weight-62LB
Rim width range-8.5-10"
Measured Rim width-8.5"
Section Width-12"
Tread width-10.2"
Overall Diameter-34.5"

I was just wondering if this would leave to any problems with rubbing or such, or would this be a set-up that I can go with and would work with my truck.

There is also another LT315/70R17 which is 12.7" section width, 9.5" measured rim width, 10.4" thread width, and 34.4" overall diameter.

I really like the rim/tire combo.. So hopefully I got this right and someone could help answer my question.

Also.. Would a 35" fit on the spare tire holder with just a steel rim with a stock exhaust piping minus flowmaster muffler?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
K well the first thing that I see wrong is the bolt pattern. I'm pretty sure all Ram 1500's are 5 on 5.5" (139.7mm). But the size and offset you want will work very nicely.

Are you going to be running the Bilsteins at 2.8"? If so you'll be fine with either of those tires. Shouldn't rub at all. If you want, checkout my wheel and tire install thread linked in my signature below. I'm running 20x9 -12 offset with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's so your set up will be similar just with less wheel and more sidewall.

I couldn't tell you about the spare tire but my guess would be no. I haven't measure mine but by looks I doubt a 35 would fit... The 3rd gens may be different though.

#3 ·
K well the first thing that I see wrong is the bolt pattern. I'm pretty sure all Ram 1500's are 5 on 5" (139.7mm). But the size and offset you want will work very nicely.

Are you going to be running the Bilsteins at 2.8"? If so you'll be fine with either of those tires. Shouldn't rub at all. If you want, checkout my wheel and tire install thread linked in my signature below. I'm running 20x9 -12 offset with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's so your set up will be similar just with less wheel and more sidewall.

I couldn't tell you about the spare tire but my guess would be no. I haven't measure mine but by looks I doubt a 35 would fit... The 3rd gens may be different though.
With the bolt pattern it states that it will fit mine.. Here is a list putting in the description.
Year Make Model SubModel
1971-2010 CHEVROLET PICK UP FULL SIZE
1971-1991 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
1960-2010 DODGE PICK UP FULL SIZE
1960-1999 FORD PICK UP FULL SIZE
1971-1987 GMC PICK UP FULL SIZE
2007-2010 GMC PICK UP FULL SIZE
1971-1990 GMC SUBURBAN
2003-2009 HUMMER H2
2003-2009 HUMMER H2 SUT
2011-2013 RAM PICK UP FULL SIZE

The bilstiens won't be at 2.8 because 3rd gens don't go above 2.1 I think.. I know gonefishin is running 35's M/T's in a 07 with the same set up, so I figured I would be ok pulling it off.

I have seen your thread with the new wheels, looks very nice on your truck, changed it a lot.

#5 ·
I can not tell you if the tire will fit but I can tell you that an 8x### rim is ment for 8 lug rims that are one 3/4 ton and heavier truck they will not fit if you have a Halfton with 5 lug rims
Oh yes, that's correct... sorry, forgot about that difference on the 3rd gens. So yes, at 2.1" you'll clear no problem.

But as Outdoorsman2012 said, 8 lug rims are not going to fit on your truck.... I don't care what the description says. lol. They must be talking about the 2500/3500's which are 8 lug. Yours is 5 lug. So you NEED wheels that are 5 on 5.5 (139.7mm) bolt pattern.

Thanks for the compliment!! I'm definitely happy with how it's coming so far. As you said, looks like a completely different truck now.

#6 ·
Oh yes, that's correct... sorry, forgot about that difference on the 3rd gens. So yes, at 2.1" you'll clear no problem.

But as Outdoorsman2012 said, 8 lug rims are not going to fit on your truck.... I don't care what the description says. lol. They must be talking about the 2500/3500's which are 8 lug. Yours is 5 lug. So you NEED wheels that are 5 on 5.5 (139.7mm) bolt pattern.

Thanks for the compliment!! I'm definitely happy with how it's coming so far. As you said, looks like a completely different truck now.
And back to the drawing board I go to find the right bolt pattern.. This is why I am glad I did post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.