DODGE RAM FORUM banner

JBA Headers Install

17K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  BlackRamHemi 
#1 ·
So i should be getting my JBA Silver Ceramic Coated Headers early next week, picked them up from autoanything for $600 shipped and taxes in which is really good considering im in Canada.

Ive ordered the mopar gaskets as i heard the jba are felty crap ones and shouldnt be used. I also ordered an AEM wideband fuel/air guage and plan on welding that in place once the stock manifolds are removed.

I plan on doing the install next Saturday and im looking for time saving tips and pointers from experienced members on this forum. I know a few of you out there have done it before and i know of one that has done it a few times lol.

So is there anything i should look out for??

Where would be the best place to weld in the bung for the guage?

#36 ·
I love them, definitely feel more pull. The only thing is that im having a hard time getting used to the sound, im still not convinced I dont have a leak because I can hear the valves (or something), sounds like a sewing machine when I accelerate aggressively.

#37 ·
Wow prompt response!

Thanks for the feedback. I hate being on the fence about these Headers.

#39 ·
yeah, i definitely have a leak, passenger side at the header - seems to be one of the welds too, ill be contacting jba on monday and see whats next.

#40 ·
well, CEL came on today - i guess the leak is worse than i thought. Im gonna check what the code is tomorrow, most likely an O2 issue.

#41 ·
CEL code was for an o2 sensor reading lean. Headers are coming out on thursday for inspection and if there are no issues with them they are going back in with a lot more care and some stage 8 locking bolts.

#42 ·
Hope its not anything serious!

Im still torn... I want headers so badly... Debating on Stainless Works, but shipping is brutal! Plus with no tuning option for the 2013 I dont want a CEL...

Someone hurry up and sell some JBA Headers

#43 ·
Nah, im not worried. Worst case its a cracked weld on the header and jba will replace it at no cost to me, they even offered to ship me new ones right away so I don't have to put the stock ones back on.

#44 ·
Sounds like good customer service.

#45 ·
well, problem seems to be solved. 2 cross threaded bolts on the driver side which caused a pretty bad leak, o2 CEL gave that away. And the embarrassing mistake of a bolt missing on the passenger side :doh: there was 3 of us working on it, so i blame the other guy lol

either way, lesson learned - check, double check, triple check, then check again.

#46 ·
im really debating getting a set of jba shoties or the bbk. most likely bbk since if i buy them over the JBA ill still have money to feed my self lol. My question to you bout0010 is do you feel the the performance gain was worth the time and money? or do you hardly notice they are there?

#47 ·
i think the headers were really complimented by the other mods ive done - intake, tb, exhaust. For sure the most noticeable mod so far.

#48 ·
sweet. i just noticed you also have a moes 87mm tb. how do you like that because thats the throttle body im gonna be getting as well

#49 ·
it didnt really wow me at first, its not till i had to put the stock back in for a bit that i felt how much it actually made a difference.

#51 ·
yeah, for now. Im looking into getting the whole exhaust system redone after the headers. X pipe and dual mufflers, no cats.

#52 ·
Hey BlackRamHemi, you aren't interested in installing another pair of JBA shorties do you? I just got the headers and cat back exhaust, also a replacement Y-pipe. I like your mid pipes and ya, you can see where this is going. I'm up in Cold Lake but will drive down if you can help.

#54 ·
Im with you on that one.... the only time im ever going to touch those shorties again will be to take them off for LTs

#55 ·
Im with you on that one.... the only time im ever going to touch those shorties again will be to take them off for LTs
:smileup:

Yup, already have my LT's ready to go in when I do my next tranny swap. (out for re-build)

BIG 1-7/8" primaries

(less than $100 more than my shorty's)

My bud already pulled his rusty titanium shorty JBA's for ARH LT's
...the Long Tubes were a LOT easier to install because you had room between the pipes and the flange
to actually use a socket wrench instead of turning a 3" stubby wrench 1/6th of a turn at a time on hidden bolts you cant even see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.