DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Paying the price of the mud.

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  gopackgo69 
#1 ·
well Ive been playin a lot lately in the mud and its starting to take the toll on the truck :doh: last night I was out playing with my buddy in a f250 with 12" of lift and 37s. Well he tore through this hole that swallowed his truck past the headlights. He bet me I wouldn't go through it and I couldnt let the ford win against the dodge. I made it through it without a problem but now I think I got some electrical wet.

When I shut my truck off, its take roughly 3-5 seconds to turn off after I remove the key from the ignition. Also I keep getting p0462 code which deals with my fuel sending. but that comes and goes. And then somoething that comes and goes is that I looseeeeeeeee my oil pressure, fuel gauge and tempature and voltage gauges. Any one have any ideas? The biggest problem I dont like is that shutting off.

#2 ·
Also, for the last few weeks, my key chime has been staying on when i pull the keys out of the ignition. sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt. But I just noticed as I was looking over things, My ignition isnt turning off my radio, the key chime still goes off, and now my gauges are doing full sweeps when I go to start it.

#3 ·
Ya got water in 'er. Dude, sounds like a beasty hole though.

You can ford up to 30" of water safely, so unless you TORE through it, I think you are probably mostly ok. Let her dry.

#4 ·
Yeah I put a small hole in the radiator so i pulled ito ut and am getting it warrentied and had some water up in the air filter. fuse box was soaked, blew a relay. Ill take pictures when I go back out in a few hours and post them. It was pretty awesome.

#11 ·
Glad you got it all worked out bud. I definitely would go through all your connectors you think you submerged and cleanem up and letm dry. I second that vote on applying dielectric grease to the connections before connecting. Of course, make sure you remove battery cables prior to doing all this to help reset everything. Oh, and maybe take a look at all your vent tubes,(i.e., trans, rear diff, front diff if 4x4) and maybe consider lengthening them to getm positioned higher than top of wheel wells. I used to do this to my older trucks when I knew I was deep fording.:smileup:

#13 ·
Gantman;835730. Oh said:
In my old Jimmy I used to have, I ran the rearend vent up behind the tail light, the trans & transfer vents into the cab and the front diff up to the brake booster. Another neat little trick is to put a cheap clear plastic fuel filter on the ends (backwards facing), it keeps dirt out and since it on backwards you can see if it got any water in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.