DODGE RAM FORUM banner

macc08's '13 MGM cc Build Thread!

25K views 206 replies 31 participants last post by  macc08 
#1 · (Edited)
Well hello everyone...

So its time I jump onto the wagon and start a build. Although I haven't done nearly as many mods as some others, I decided to start a build nonetheless.. (wish some persuasive words from some other members...)

so here goes!

I Bought the truck off the lot at the end of this past February (2013).

I test drove and signed the papers in the same day, love at first sight.

Shes the 2013 Mineral Grey Metallic Crew Cab Sport with the 5.7 Hemi and 4x4.

3.55 Gears, 8.4AN, power everything, etc. Basically has all the bells and whistles. There are a few things that it doesnt have that I wish it did. Sunroof, ventilated seats and LSD. Other then that, I'm very happy with the truck, and still smile when I see it. I get tons of compliments on it every day, and that makes me feel great!

Anyways, lets get to mods and pics.

Heres the truck a few days after I bought it.

First thing I had done to the truck was get the Bed line-x'ed and got the whole truck Krown'ed (top rust prevention in Canada.)
I don't have any pics of the liner, but im sure everyone know what that looks like.

My first addition was the black Trailfx Step bars. Again, don't have any pics just of the bars, but they can be seen on the truck in other pics.

Next was a 2 in 1 kinda deal.

I bought some Hella Black magic 500's. They are the same as the regular 500's, just have a slightly tinted glass and tinted reflector in the light. At this time, I had the grille out, so at the same time, I removed all the sport grille inserts and plasti-dipped them black. I also dipped the front and rear Ram heads, and debadged the doors and tailgate. Here's some pics of the lights and the install.

Temporary spots, held in with zipe ties to see how I liked it.

Installed, not aligned.

After alignment (grille off).

Switch Location

The next mod, and most fun for me this far, was the RCX Level Kit. As most know, this is a 2.5" spacer in the front and 1.75"(i think) in the rear. The install was a breeze and I had a great time doing it with the help of a few beers! Dipped grille and Rams can be seen here as well. Also, after doing the level, and before these pics, I removed my rear tail lights and 3rd brake light for some tinting. I taped off the reverse light portion (want as much light as possible) and used a great product called VHT Niteshades. Just a rattle can spray tint. I did about 4-5 coats of the tint and about 4 coats of clear. Turned out great!

Up next was the big one, and made me like a giggly little girl. Thanks to Bully's (specifically Andrew) I ordered the V-Tec Warlord Wheels. 18x9 with -12 offset. These are wrapped in the 35x12.5 Toyo M/T's. I love these wheels/tires and think they compliment my truck well!

They stick out a bit, lol

Last mod pic I have is of the grille swap. The sport grille blocked too much light from the hella's and I just plain wasn't a fan of the design. So I swapped my grille with a black honeycomb grille. I love it and think it looks so much better.

Thats all the pics I have of mods, but other mods include the 14" magnaflow muffler which I love. Perfect sound under acceleration, and minimal drone on the highway.

I also have the Huskyliners Weatherbeaters floor mats front and back. I used to have the Huskyliners mud flaps, but took them off and left them off when I got the Wheels/tires.

I think I've covered just about everything. I can always take more pics of everything, so if there are any requests, please let me know!

The mods will be slowing down for a while, as I'm trying to save for the wedding next year, but I will probably be adding little things here and there, and will definitely take some pics when I do.

Thanks, and enjoy!

See less See more
#54 ·
Where's yours???

Lol, in time it will be. Fiancée doesn't have a car right now as we live very close to her work, so once we move elsewhere and she gets a vehicle, then it will happen! I can't wait.

Prob get some 5100s soon though. And a few other goodies!

#59 ·
And I would be inclined to return the favour. A buddy and I are throwing a "unofficial chive meetup" on March 1st at a bar on queensway in etobicoke. Proceeds to sick kids hospital!

#66 ·
thanks bud. Just got the Bullys sponsorship and its tax time, so there will be some goodies coming... cant wait!:smileup:

#69 ·
just got off the phone with the dealer, the Cabin air filter lid will be there tomorrow. Oil change friday, pick up the lid, grab a filter from part source, and off we go!

Had a hell of a time with the guy on the phone... kept telling me that the number was for a module, he didnt quite understand that I'm putting a part for another vehicle on my truck...

oh well... Cant wait!

#71 ·
Cabin Air filter installed!

I really don't know why a $50,000 truck doesn't come with one.. but nonetheless, here it is!

also got oil change, speedo recal and tire rotation done friday at the dealer.

they programmed the speedo to "the biggest tire" they could... said it wasn't quite exact, but I noticed that its much better. Didn't charge me for it either.

#78 ·
please do bud... no such thing as copying here, just sharing ideas!!!

having said that, don't even bother doing it unless you are going to post pics! lol.. you will get the "pics or GTFO"

what a nice community we have here, lol

ps, andrew, that t-100 is striking my interest, lol (tease tease)

#87 · (Edited)
So after a bunch of emails back and forth with Andrew @ Bully's (turns out he's a big basketball fan, as am I...)

I have a Diablosport Trinity T-1000 on the way. It should ship out tomorrow and be here sometime next week.

Can't wait!!!

in addition, anyone with this tuner, do you ever change tunes depending on what you are doing? For example, just driving around town, to work, etc, use the regular 87/89/91 tune, and if you know you're going to be going on the highway for an hour or so, change to the MPG tune?

im sure i will have other questions once i get this in my hands... look forward to it!

also, I probably should have asked about this before I ordered, lol... my truck has push start, will this make anything difficult to install tunes?

Reactions: RAM357
#88 · (Edited)
:rep:

Thats a sweet looking ride man! Definitely coming along quickly!

Don't worry about the push start .. each push cycles it like turning a key just so far. You can push it a few times to reach run, but don't worry the truck will NOT start unless you step on the brake.

Main thing. Read everything first. But the quick guide you get with the Trinity will get you there easily. Beyond that I'd definitely update the software after you install the DVD on your laptop. Pretty much the same as any software you buy at a store. They always, always ask you to install it, and then update it prior to using.

Saturday I'm heading into town to fill up and may even jump by the 91 tune stright into the 93 :)

I can't stand the suspense! haha

Var

#90 ·
update!

got the tuner installed yesterday!

the registration process was a little tricky as every time I filled out the form, it said there was an error. I finally figured it out with the help of another member and got it all working. It took about an hour to update, download stock data and upload the tune. but from there i assume changing tunes is quick.. I installed the 91 tune and changed my tire size.

i also increased the throttle boost 5% (dont really know what that does, ill increase it again next drive to see what happens)

biggest thing I noticed was that the shifting is WAAAAY smoother. big time!

it also did seem to pull a bit harder at pretty much any acceleration.

I look forward to getting the truck on the highway now and hammering the gas pedal.

Look forward to providing more updates!

#93 ·
i put it up to 10!

i was at a red light, going to the gym. put it in 2hi, traction off, and man did it peel when that light turned green... oh man, i love this thing. and my fuel economy has already gone up a bit. cant wait to do a longer highway drive!!:smileup:

#94 ·
so heres some pics of where i have the tuner for now. I think its a pretty good place. I dont really need to have it in there all the time, i just like the look of it.

I just kinda tucked the cable around where the steering wheel comes out of the dash, it kinda hides it enough, it will do.

#96 ·
i completely agree with you. however, i dont wanna rip and tear yet, maybe in the summer when i get a day to take some stuff apart. dont wanna drill any holes though, I think I can make it come up where the dash meets the window, if there is enough wire... we will see...

any tips anyone with the 4th gen?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.