DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My vents wont switch?

32K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Smithies 
#1 ·
my air/heat only blows out of the vents that are pointed at you... It wont blow on the window or the floor... my a/c controls work... as well as defrost... so that isnt the problem... the blower changes speeds... so is there a vent control behind the dash that switches the air flow btwn window, face, and floor?...

G
#14 ·
I had the same issue on My '03. It turned out to be blend door that changes form inside to outside air was broken. The mechanic who turned me on to this said it was a very common problem and there is an easy fix. Pull the bottom off the blower housing off and reach up in the top and feel to see if it is actually broken. If it is, pull the broken pieces out and put the bottom back on. You are DONE! I have not had any more "switching issues.

Now my blower seems to have stopped, unsure if it is the blower, or electrical. The way it stopped, almost seems like a loose wire or something. Anyone got any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.