DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Agtrucker is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 4.7L chip

I've got a ram 1500 TRX4 4.7 L and I'm looking into getting a chip to boost my fuel economy. I don't need anything fancy and I also plan on adding an air intake. Does anyone have any suggestions on good quality chips and what gas mileage increase might be expected?
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:246
HemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

You might gain a little bit, but you are still pushing around a 5000-5300 lb truck with a small displacement V-8. A Superchips would be the best thing for you, your choices range from a 3865, 3950 (Cortex) or the new bluetooth android job (don't remember what it's called). These have settings from 87 octane economy-ish to 91 high performance. 3865's can usually be had on the forums fairly inexpensive. It also doubles as a code reader/resetter/

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 10-12-2012, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^what he said. Don't expect more than ~1mpg increase.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Purple
marshalljc is on a distinguished road

Im looking for a little more information on the chips for my 05 4.7 looking for a little more power.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

what they all stated above your best bet is a superchips, the have the basic flash paq, the cortex, and the vivid linq, all of which pretty much achieve the exact same thing, just more features on some than the others. here is some info on them (the vivid linq is not loaded in yet it will be this afternoon), and if you decide to purchase one all tuners are 17% off right now with promo code "TUNERFEVER" for the link to the tuners just click on my signature

Coretex

"Cortex could only come from Superchips; the best selling brand in the business. It is the programmer your mother warned you about. It’s wicked and mean, and if you’re not ready for seat-cover-sucking power, then turn tail and run. Simply stated, Cortex from Superchips is the meanest street-legal programmer you can buy with an industry first 2 Year powertrain warranty. Cortex pumps up the performance by as much as 318 Pounds Feet of torque and 154 Horsepower at the rear wheels! In addition to brain-numbing power increases, Cortex lets you adjust transmission shifts, move the engine rev limiter and change the speedometer calibration. You can also view a ton of stats like how fast your vehicle is smoking down the 1/4 Mile after you’ve loaded the top-dog calibration.

Tuning Type: Performance
Octane Rating: 91 Octane
Reads Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Yes
Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Yes
Transmission Tuning: Tunes Automatic Transmissions Shift Firmness and Shift Points
Includes Rev Limiter Controls: Yes
Includes Speedometer Calibrator: No
Includes Top Speed Limiter: Yes
Features

Tuning Across The Entire Rotation Per Minute Range, Provides Greater Increases In Horsepower, Torque And Improved Drivability
Calibrate Speedometer, Odometer And Shift Points For Wheel, Tire And Gear Size Changes For Optimum Performance
Adjust Shift Points, Shift Firmness, Vehicle Speed Limiter And Engine Rev Limiter

Advanced Transmission Tuning Features Including Manual Adjusting Of The Normal Driving Shift Schedule, 4 X 4 Shift Schedule And Overdrive Off Shift Schedule
Data Acquisition Information Hub In Cabin Vehicle Performance Monitor With Real Time Sensor Monitoring Capabilities And Vehicle Performance Stats Like 1/4 Mile And 0 To 60 Miles Per Hour Times
Greater Flexibility
Limited 2 Year Powertrain Warranty"

Flashpaq, the most bang for Your Buck. Flashpaq gives you dyno-proven power for either 89 or 91-octane, so can choose according to your gas-card balance and need for speed. Diesel burners can choose from max performance, towing or economy programs. Tire smoking comes standard for all makes and models. It is friendly with almost every cold air intake package, low restriction exhaust system and even some aftermarket throttle bodies.

Tuning Type: Performance
Octane Rating: 91 Octane
Reads Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Yes
Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Yes
Transmission Tuning: Tunes Automatic Transmissions Shift Firmness and Shift Points
Includes Rev Limiter Controls: Yes
Includes Speedometer Calibrator: No
Includes Top Speed Limiter: Yes
Features

Tuning Across The Entire Rotation Per Minute Range, Provides Greater Increases In Horsepower, Torque And Improved Drivability
Calibrate Speedometer, Odometer And Shift Points For Wheel, Tire And Gear Size Changes For Optimum Performance
Improved Shift Points, Shift Firmness And Adjust Vehicle Speed Limiter And Engine Rev Limiter

Advanced Transmission Tuning Features Including Manual Adjusting Of The Normal Driving Shift Schedule, 4 X 4 Shift Schedule And Overdrive Off Shift Schedule
Data Acquisition Information Hub In Cabin Vehicle Performance Monitor With Real Time Sensor Monitoring Capabilities And Vehicle Performance Stats Like 1/4 Mile And 0 To 60 Miles Per Hour Times
Limited 1 Year Warranty

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT QuadCab Off Road
Color: Black
offroad03 is on a distinguished road

I found a flashpack at a garage sale, for a ford. A widow was selling it..paid $20! I ended buying it for my dad's truck and he loves it for towing and getting better gas mileage. I am saving up for my own. Keep hoping I find another awesome deal.
I've had my '03 4.7 for just over a year now and decided its time to do some mods.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Color: Grey
Rep:25
Maddevill is on a distinguished road

Those "HP Chips" are worthless. Buy a Superchip Flashpaq or Cortech.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I found a flashpack at a garage sale, for a ford. A widow was selling it..paid $20!
Damn....that's CHEAP

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad03 View Post
I found a flashpack at a garage sale, for a ford. A widow was selling it..paid $20! I ended buying it for my dad's truck and he loves it for towing and getting better gas mileage. I am saving up for my own. Keep hoping I find another awesome deal.
I've had my '03 4.7 for just over a year now and decided its time to do some mods.
You my friend got a STEEL on that

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:58
Big Red will become famous soon enough

I have a superchips Flashpaq 3865 and it did wonders for my 4.7l I towed a 5000lb trailer and got an average of 12mpg driving the speed limit. This was through some long grades too. Im actually selling my rig though, cause im going to be hauling a 5er. So the superchips is up for grabs.