DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep water blue Pearl
Rep:61
Alberto22 will become famous soon enough
Default issues with alignment

I have a 2011 ram 1500 with 26000 miles on it and just had it leveled with Bilstein 5100. The truck rides fine but wont track straight. The shop that did the job did an alignment afterwards and it tracks to the right, The shop apologize and said there machine might be off and might need to be re calibrated and to take it some where else and they would pay for it to be done. So I went to Firestone and they said they wont do the job cause they will set it to factory specs and it will still be off. They also told me they will not do any truck that has been lifted or lower for the same reason. So i want to Mavis and they tried to do the alignment. After two tries same results the truck still tracks to the right. Mavis also swapped tires left to right to see if a tire shifted a belt causing this to happen no luck. Mavis said all specs are where there supposed to be and has no clue why truck tracks to the right..... I NEED HELP!
MODS. f1 bakflip, rain guards, Mopar bug deflector, husky floor liners, chrome gas cover, westin side steps,steal craft brush guard,Piaa fog lights, painted calipers, sport hood, KENWOOD EXCELON DNX9980HD with cmos 300 camera, Magnaflow 14"
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
twenty12ram1500 is on a distinguished road

Hey hows it going... im from longisland also and i have a 2012 1500 crew cab with a 6" RCX lift and 5100's installed and had it done by Good Year in commack they are awesome and my truck has never tracked straighter .... i would try them ... they have brand new top of the line machines and are open 7 days a week .... any thing else i can help with PM or In box Me
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 PM

I just might make the trip out there just so its done right! is that the Goodyear on Jericho? there are 2 one on the corner of Jericho and commack rd (6400 Jericho) or the other 2205 Jericho turnpike. Thanks I REALLY appreciate the help!!!! Did goodyear do the lift and the shocks for you too?
MODS. f1 bakflip, rain guards, Mopar bug deflector, husky floor liners, chrome gas cover, westin side steps,steal craft brush guard,Piaa fog lights, painted calipers, sport hood, KENWOOD EXCELON DNX9980HD with cmos 300 camera, Magnaflow 14"

Last edited by Alberto22; 02-14-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:21
Chickenhole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto22 View Post
I have a 2011 ram 1500 with 26000 miles on it and just had it leveled with Bilstein 5100. The truck rides fine but wont track straight. The shop that did the job did an alignment afterwards and it tracks to the right, The shop apologize and said there machine might be off and might need to be re calibrated and to take it some where else and they would pay for it to be done. So I went to Firestone and they said they wont do the job cause they will set it to factory specs and it will still be off. They also told me they will not do any truck that has been lifted or lower for the same reason. So i want to Mavis and they tried to do the alignment. After two tries same results the truck still tracks to the right. Mavis also swapped tires left to right to see if a tire shifted a belt causing this to happen no luck. Mavis said all specs are where there supposed to be and has no clue why truck tracks to the right..... I NEED HELP!
Some business's just dont need your money I guess, how are your tires pressures?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM

one of the rears was off by ten psi (higher) which i told the fist shop and they set them all the same. Looking to get this problem fixed before my terra grapplers come in.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 PM

Turns out I needed a place that knew what they were doing. All is well with my ram now thanks to TWENTY12RAM1500 !!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:25
Maddevill is on a distinguished road

It took Firestone 3 tries to get mine aligned. I got their "Lifetime ALignment " when I bought new tires and the first time I drove it it pulled BAD to the right. So a couple weeks later I brought it back in and asked them to check it. When it was done I asked if it was out. They said " oh yeah the toe in was way out!" I said "how can that be when YOU guys aligned it 2 week ago?" They responded with," Uh, well it's fixed now."
Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

i used to work at firestone for a month lol that was a month to long they are crooks and half the time they dont even align you shit they hit the sensors till machine goes green
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2006 raqm 1500 trx4 hemi
Trim Level: trx4
Color: blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:20
09nitetrain is on a distinguished road

i did my own alignment after i leveled mine at the shop. put it all with in spec. and mine goes straight steering wheel straight. no issue. it just takes a little time and people being on flat rate wont take the time to make it perfect. its usually set the toe and let it go. you got to do caster and camber and keep doing caster swings after you make an adjustment and set toe last.