DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

here's the scoop on the newer update, just so no one gets anxious and runs out thinking it's something totally new. It's only an addendum:

This update is an addendum to the original TSB that was released on June 29th. What makes this different is that the original TSB had a couple of issues:
1) the supported build date was 4-18-2011, vehicles built prior to that date had a SW version of 43.1.10 & 43.1.20. In late March, they had started putting in a module that had SW version 43.1.30 in the vehicles. The 43.1.30 module was not written into the TSB SW update so when some people went to the dealer to have the TSB performed, it wouldn't take. (I have helped several people here and on a couple other forums with this issue). So now customers that don't frequent the forums can also go to the dealers and have the update done that several of you here have been able to perform yourselves.
2) The supported build date has been extended from 4-18-2011 to 6-1-2011 and includes the support of the 43.1.30 SW.
3) The instructions were too long and a LOT of the techs would not take the proper time to read and understand the instructions, this would cause an issue when a customer came in for the update only to be PO'd when they picked up the vehicle and found out the the same issues were present as when they dropped of the vehicle. Some techs thought that just because the downloaded the file to a thumb drive that it was also sent to the vehicle. (this is because some of their modules are able to br flashed wirelessly with their Wi - tech tool) but the instructions were clear about downloading the file then placing the thumb drive in the USB hub in the console or the glove box. So the instructions were shortened a little.
4) If I have already helped you with your system or you have been a luck one that was taken care of at the dealer, then you do not need to perform this update. It will do nothing new. If you try, then you will get an error message about the archive is not correct. This will because you are trying to update from the new SW version of 43.1.40 to a SW version of 43.1.40 and the 43.1.40 is not a supported SW to be updated from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqpokalipze View Post
FYI - on 10/26/11 there was a revision tsb published 08-36-11 REV. A
vehicles built prior to 6/1/11

Appears to be another updated flash.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The thumb drive needs to be formatted to FAT32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons03 View Post
ok so i tried this update and it keeps saying to connect a usb storage device to the port.. im connecting it to the usb port in the glovebox.. is there a certain format the memory stick has to be? and im also doing this on a mac does that matter?

thanks,
Jay
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Longhorn Edition
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
spdguy99 is on a distinguished road

This is my first post so bear with me. My 13 Longhorn plays my ipod from inside the center console in the USB port. Everything works fine except that the music will "skip" now and again just like an old cd would. My ipod is older but up to date according to Itunes. Any ideas on a fix?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: '11 1500 sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport 4x4
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
hoyter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdguy99 View Post
This is my first post so bear with me. My 13 Longhorn plays my ipod from inside the center console in the USB port. Everything works fine except that the music will "skip" now and again just like an old cd would. My ipod is older but up to date according to Itunes. Any ideas on a fix?
Might want to search in the 2013 (4.5 generation) forum and create a new thread if you cannot find any existing post. The 2013s have a different radio system than the 4th Gens (09-12)

You might also want to post the radio version you have.

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241