DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold
Default Tons of pictures!

Haven't been on much really. Been with my friends a lot. Today however, it was just wet and nasty outside, so I decided to mess around in the garage. I pulled off the cover off the old vette and snapped a few pictures.

Original engine only 65k. It's a P.O.S engine though haha

And here is another hobby of mine. I love RC cars. It's what got me into mechanics I guess you could say. I got my first fast RC when I was 9, and it had a top speed of 18mph. It was really fast back then. Since then I've had a few and done some mods.

Here is my Nitro Rustler. Its the only one I have that is not electric. 0-top speed (55ish) In just over 4 seconds. It HAULS!

The only raised truck I'll ever own Lol. Twin engine, 4x4. 2 speed tranny w/ reverse.

And here is the last car I have... Had a mishap a while ago. I replaced the motor and speed control and it's capable of 45mph or so. Since it is electric, it's torque is constant and you'll pull wheelies at any speed. Lost control and blew it apart. The rebuild is in progress Lol. I should have taken pictures of the destruction. everything in front of the shock towers was blown off. All I really need is the shocks, which are EXPENSIVE

1 more shot of the nitro engine.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Last edited by 98sst; 11-07-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! I had a SportMaxx for a few years that was pretty fun. Had an electric truck too that I got cheap off my brother's friend and put together. Not sure what was wrong with it, but full charge only lasted about 7 or 8 minutes on it.

Traded them for my Xbox 360.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 271949827_919463525_0.jpg (20.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 271949954_919463960_0.jpg (20.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-07-2009, 08:45 PM

98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Nice! I had a SportMaxx for a few years that was pretty fun. Had an electric truck too that I got cheap off my brother's friend and put together. Not sure what was wrong with it, but full charge only lasted about 7 or 8 minutes on it.

Traded them for my Xbox 360.
Yeah, the longevity of those batteries suck. I always get the sportmaxx and the s-maxx confused... was the sportmaxx 2wd? I bet that was a blast to drive.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:51 PM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah 2wd. It could pull wheelies, but was a bit tricky to do.

Always wanted to upgrade it, but oh well. Had to have GTA IV so bye bye SportMaxx.

Maybe one of the RSI 4-wheel drive cars will make it's way into my possession someday.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Yeah 2wd. It could pull wheelies, but was a bit tricky to do.

Always wanted to upgrade it, but oh well. Had to have GTA IV so bye bye SportMaxx.

Maybe one of the RSI 4-wheel drive cars will make it's way into my possession someday.
Lol yeah those nitro engines are a pain. I'm always so concerned about running it. I'll make 4 passes then bust out the thermometer and make sure all is well, and then do 4 more, etc. But man they are a blast.

That would be cool. Someday I'd like a 4-tec or jato... 70mph sounds appealing to me. Maybe even a HPI baja buggy, straight gasoline. No break in and no tuning required!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:04 PM

Only ran one gas motor before, but it was a 2-stroke chainsaw motor on a Piper Cub remote plane. A BEAST to get in the air, but boy was it fun to fly. My Eagle 2 was a bit peppier though, trainer plane, but it was easier to squeeze tricks out of.

The guy that taught me to fly them had a turbine F-16. Talk about a screamer... You had to think about your maneuver and do it before the plane ever got there.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:07 PM

Those are so fun! My dad has a few of those but I'm so afraid to fly them. What get's me is landing those! Just so precise and perfect. The only one I touch is the helicopters. Love messing with the dogs with that haha.

Man I can only imagine that turbine jet flying through the air. What kind of fuel is used for that?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Jet fuel?????

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Jet fuel?????
Well I was thinking that but I've never seen it at a hobby store Lol.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:14 PM

Ha! Just the same nitro as the prop planes. It actually was a prop motor mounted in the middle of the plane, with a driveshaft going to the turbine fan in back.