DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough
Default 2013 RAM 1500 CC Sport 4x4 build thread

Thought I would start one of these off...ordered a RAM 1500 4x4 Sport Crew Cab in Flame Red with the 8 speed auto 2 weeks ago...through future mods as well. Pricing wise, I got invoice minus 2% and minus incentives on delivery...manager said to expect delivery in 4-8 weeks. Tried to post pic of build sheet and current Ram but for some reason photo uploader freezes on the site...will try later.

Planned mods on the 2013 (in order):
First 30 days -
Swap to Express grille/black honeycomb
Shave off a few choice emblems, Plasti-Dip the rest black
Paint stock exhaust tips heat/rust resistant semi-gloss black
Tint (50% windshield, 35% all around)
Line-X bedliner
Weathertech mats
Clearbra

Within the first 6 months -
Magnaflow 14” & Y pipe (12198, 10778)
CAI (not sure which yet- leaning towards S&B or Vararam)
Bilstein 5100 adjust. 2.1” setting Front, #24-187367
Bilstein 5100 Rear: #24-187374
TGC rear spring spacer, .75"
35x12.50, Toyo Open Country AT
.25” wheel spacer hub centric (run stock wheels and save up for aftermarket 20x9 black wheels -12 offset...again not sure which yet...)
Gorilla lifetime lug nuts and locks
Diablo Sport tuner
87mm ported tb

So in the meantime if anyone has suggestions on CAI and black 20" wheels I am "all ears" - keep in mind I would be running 35x12.50s on just a 2.1" Bilstein level...if I can get deals on the parts I need for above I think I will start ordering and collecting things so I can get the mods done quickly.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.

Last edited by hemipowerv8; 02-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Thought I would start one of these off...ordered a RAM 1500 4x4 Sport Crew Cab with the 8 speed auto 2 weeks ago...through future mods as well. Pricing wise, I got invoice minus 2% and minus incentives on delivery...manager said to expect delivery in 4-8 weeks. Tried to post pic of build sheet and current Ram but for some reason photo uploader freezes on the site...will try later.

Planned mods on the 2013 (in order):
First 30 days -
Swap to Express grille/black honeycomb
Shave off a few choice emblems, Plasti-Dip the rest black
Paint stock exhaust tips heat/rust resistant semi-gloss black
Tint (50% windshield, 35% all around)
Line-X bedliner
Weathertech mats
Clearbra

Within the first 6 months -
Magnaflow 14 & Y pipe (12198, 10778)
CAI (not sure which yet- leaning towards S&B or Vararam)
Bilstein 5100 adjust. 2.1 setting Front, #24-187367
Bilstein 5100 Rear: #24-187374
TGC rear spring spacer, .75"
35x12.50, Toyo Open Country AT
.25 wheel spacer hub centric (run stock wheels and save up for aftermarket 20x9 black wheels -12 offset...again not sure which yet...)
Diablo Sport tuner
87mm ported tb

So in the meantime if anyone has suggestions on CAI and black 20" wheels I am "all ears" - keep in mind I would be running 35x12.50s on just a 2.1" Bilstein level...if I can get deals on the parts I need for above I think I will start ordering and collecting things so I can get the mods done quickly.
What colour is the truck? I'm just trying to picture what your appearance mods will look like.

As far as a CAI. I really like the S&B or the Volant, both are closed systems which is nicer and look really clean. If I had a Hemi I would have ordered one of those. Unfortunately they don't make them for the 4.7.

I plan on getting Fuel Hostage wheels for my truck eventually. They do make them in black and I think they look sick! My friend had them on his 1st gen Cummins.

Search the forums for the diablo sport tuner. Yesterday or this morning I saw a site that had them 17% off right now. Saves you $100.

If you're interested in a tonneau cover at all check out peragon.com. I researched covers a lot before I bought mine and I think Peragon offers one of the best covers out there and they're a really good deal.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
What colour is the truck? I'm just trying to picture what your appearance mods will look like.

As far as a CAI. I really like the S&B or the Volant, both are closed systems which is nicer and look really clean. If I had a Hemi I would have ordered one of those. Unfortunately they don't make them for the 4.7.

I plan on getting Fuel Hostage wheels for my truck eventually. They do make them in black and I think they look sick! My friend had them on his 1st gen Cummins.

Search the forums for the diablo sport tuner. Yesterday or this morning I saw a site that had them 17% off right now. Saves you $100.

If you're interested in a tonneau cover at all check out peragon.com. I researched covers a lot before I bought mine and I think Peragon offers one of the best covers out there and they're a really good deal.
Truck is Flame Red (edited my first post)...I love the Fuel Hostage wheels...I'm not a big fan of how so many wheel manuf now put a cap over the lugs...odd to me...
Thanks for the heads up on the deals, I'm not sure the 2013 will be able to be tuned just yet...especially with the 8 speed...but honestly I don't want to mess with the trans shift points or anything at all...just correct the speedo and let it figure out what is best...and of course more power and mpg from the tune.
I am on the fence about a tonneu but considering it...I like the Peragon setup! Good suggestion for sure. Never had a tonneu before and don't know a whole lot about em.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
eds451 is on a distinguished road

I too have a Peragon cover on my 2500 and love it. The way it folds, you do not loose as much bed space as other retracting covers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bed cover 1.jpg (126.0 KB, 90 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM

Finally an update...went to D status and should be built within 2 weeks and shipped...so I should see it mid to end of April! At least it's progressing!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

I want pics, I want pics.....LOL

Seriously....I want to see this beauty
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 PM

Built and shipped... Should see her in 2 weeks. I will be out of town that week though.

Ordered the black honeycomb grill, tow hooks, WeatherTech mats and Magnaflow exhaust parts.

I had planned to port and polish the heads on my Challenger 392 and put in a bigger cam but I am being told NOT to do that yet and the cam technology isn't ready to run right on a VVT motor. So just doing some American Racing Headers only next month - already on the way to me!

But since I had planned to do the other mods on the car and now I am not (until this winter) then I will most likely go ahead and do Bilsteins and 35s much sooner. Cold air intake and ported tb while at it. And hope tuning is available for 13s soon.

Will update w pics of the new truck ASAP and the window sticker as soon as I can pull it up online. And I will get the Line-X and tint done immediately too.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to seeing your new ride.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge RAM
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame red
Rep:20
Marklariusz is on a distinguished road

I plasti dipped exhaust tips on my 2012 Flame Red sport. Did it in fall, no issues over the winter.

Check out my gallery for pics:
http://www.ramforumz.com/album.php?albumid=921
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklariusz View Post
I plasti dipped exhaust tips on my 2012 Flame Red sport. Did it in fall, no issues over the winter.

Check out my gallery for pics:
http://www.ramforumz.com/album.php?albumid=921

Looks great! I plan to use some high temp grille paint to do mine...got a semi gloss black. Will be using dip on my emblems and wheels though...and got a black honeycomb grille. Will all come together nicely I think. Bedliner and tint will of course also be black. Can't wait!