DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Light Graystone
Rep:57
aedwardzo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWhiteSport View Post
That statement is really confusing. Why woulsnt you raise them? Not that I am, but say I wanted to raise them up, why shouldnt I?

You also say use my truck as a truck, do you mean payload and towing? Because I dont do either. As for off the pavement, I have been known to bury a truck or two haha.

You say half ton light duty ifs truck is a no go on 40s. Is it because it half ton or ifs or stock components? I only have stock tie rods up front for now, that would be my only light duty ifs part. Btw the half shafts are cvs, mine are chromoly steel. I dont fit any of the criteria it seems. Well I am half ton but Im beefed up aftermarket IFS. Plus the km2 would be 2 more lbs that I have now....
Its all a matter of opinion i suppose. And the reason i say dont max those bilsteins is because it gives your cv's a pretty shitty angle and often can cause a "wobble". But i see where your coming from with the km2's....my 37x13.50 toyos are about the same weight and i do fine offroad. Its just a matter of opinion all and all. You do have a beefier front end especially when u get those uca's, tierods which will help tremendously. I just would not run 40's on a 1500 IFS truck..but thats me! I have seen guys in half tons running huge 38" mud graps and their tie rods snap on the highway and lose control of the vehicle. Again its my opinion.... 40s would look sick on that bad boy, you just gotta bargain hunt for the best prices on those monster km2's!!!! good luck man
Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
BigWhiteSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedwardzo View Post
Its all a matter of opinion i suppose. And the reason i say dont max those bilsteins is because it gives your cv's a pretty shitty angle and often can cause a "wobble". But i see where your coming from with the km2's....my 37x13.50 toyos are about the same weight and i do fine offroad. Its just a matter of opinion all and all. You do have a beefier front end especially when u get those uca's, tierods which will help tremendously. I just would not run 40's on a 1500 IFS truck..but thats me! I have seen guys in half tons running huge 38" mud graps and their tie rods snap on the highway and lose control of the vehicle. Again its my opinion.... 40s would look sick on that bad boy, you just gotta bargain hunt for the best prices on those monster km2's!!!! good luck man
With the shitty angles and wobble I shouldnt experience either wit this setup or so I was told lol. The bilsteins are at the middle setting and my cvs and ucas are straight as can be. Probably has to do with all the added weight up front.

Them 40" km2s are probably the same width as your 37" toyos just taller and 10lbs or so lighter. Bfg runs small too. They measure 39.5" unmounted but might be 39" mounted on the truck if I was lucky. They just cost so much. Was hoping I was over looking some tires! Again tho, the tie rods and ucas will be on when I do tires. The only non beefed up or stock IFS component would be LCAs. Pretty sure it would handle 40s of a certain weight even in the nasty stuff. I would think you guys with Toyos would break and snap stuff before you would with a 38-40 BFG even with yor stock IfS. Again, just an opinion!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
BigWhiteSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Wanna buy another truck?

I'd do the 38" Mud Grapps for killer looks and KM2 for a lighter weighed tire
Are you selling too?

I agree the Graps do look a hell of a lot better. Their bigger and heavier. The truck is quick as it sits. Dont wanna lose too much of it. I like being able to spin 37s from a dig lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
He sold you his truck and you didn't negotiate for his username to be thrown in for free.
That would be a trip for sure
Why would I want his name?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Are you selling too?

I agree the Graps do look a hell of a lot better. Their bigger and heavier. The truck is quick as it sits. Dont wanna lose too much of it. I like being able to spin 37s from a dig lol.

Why would I want his name?

Mine is the black street princess to Blake's...well now yours. Haha

Those tires you got now are equivalent to a 35" with all that lack of thread. So any other tire you swap to, you'll notice the change.
Either way, some new tires will complete your truck looks wise
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Color: Light Graystone
Rep:57
aedwardzo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
With the shitty angles and wobble I shouldnt experience either wit this setup or so I was told lol. The bilsteins are at the middle setting and my cvs and ucas are straight as can be. Probably has to do with all the added weight up front.

Them 40" km2s are probably the same width as your 37" toyos just taller and 10lbs or so lighter. Bfg runs small too. They measure 39.5" unmounted but might be 39" mounted on the truck if I was lucky. They just cost so much. Was hoping I was over looking some tires! Again tho, the tie rods and ucas will be on when I do tires. The only non beefed up or stock IFS component would be LCAs. Pretty sure it would handle 40s of a certain weight even in the nasty stuff. I would think you guys with Toyos would break and snap stuff before you would with a 38-40 BFG even with yor stock IfS. Again, just an opinion!
Yeah ive seen your cv's and there dead straight! And i forgot you have kore cv's which solve the wobble. Hopefully MMW drops some LCA's and Tierods...Those ready lifts are a bit too pricy. haha you could run 46's and drive it like a baby and not break something....ok not really....but its all in how you drive it!! Im sure i could break mine if i wanted too. But im not gunna try... Take a look at those pitbull rockers.... That would be the most badass looking tire you could put on that thing
Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

Well... Sad to see Blake's truck owned by someone else. But oh well.

Blake and I have talked back and forth about which tires he should run. My vote is the 40" KM2. I have personally owned KM2s in 35" and absolutely loved them. I got about 30 - 35k miles out of them and that is about triple what mud graps would get. Blake is serious when he says he'll kill you for putting Toyos on there... Trust me.

With the Kore CVs and 4.56 gears the larger tire size isnt horrible. I would still add the MMW UCA ASAP. Whenever you run tires in the 38-40" range (even 37") you are going to put crazy stress on the IFS regardless of what you do.

You've got a good truck. I've just about everything about it. But you do have a built truck and its built right. Enjoy it.

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread