DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Pictures as requested I must apologize for my filthy truck!

I simply removed the bolts used for the fender flares and put them back in their same holes to install the flaps (front and rear).

I have discovered I need to add a third bolt to both the front and rear flaps on all four corners as the inside edge (toward the midline of the truck) tend to flap more than desired. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.. but I would highly suggest it.

Front view:

Up close view of front bolt locations:

Rear view:

Up close shot of the rear bolt locations:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
Ram1500SCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Pictures as requested I must apologize for my filthy truck!

I simply removed the bolts used for the fender flares and put them back in their same holes to install the flaps (front and rear).

I have discovered I need to add a third bolt to both the front and rear flaps on all four corners as the inside edge (toward the midline of the truck) tend to flap more than desired. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.. but I would highly suggest it.

Front view:

Up close view of front bolt locations:

Rear view:

Up close shot of the rear bolt locations:
Thanks for those! I wanted the circle cut for the back but was convinced to go with the full flap. I hope mine go on esy when I get the flaps and the ordered truck. Your pictures will help as well as the advice to add an extra bolt. If you do it before I get all mine done, love to see what you did. Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram1500SCC View Post
Thanks for those! I wanted the circle cut for the back but was convinced to go with the full flap. I hope mine go on esy when I get the flaps and the ordered truck. Your pictures will help as well as the advice to add an extra bolt. If you do it before I get all mine done, love to see what you did. Thanks again!
You're very welcome, glad I could help! I do hope to get the extra bolts on in the next few weeks, weather permitting. I'm visiting my parents in Cheyenne next week so I may be able to talk my dad into letting me pull her into his new pole barn and getting them done. Will be sure to post pics on here of the finished product for you. The added bolts will certainly make a difference, I'm thinking!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:41 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Thanks for posting pics... Your truck looks great.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkem View Post
Thanks for posting pics... Your truck looks great.....
Thank you much! It is coming along, but I fear she will never be finished..
Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 AM
Ram Ham

Window Visor Update:

It's been one week since I installed my AVS in-channel visors (part #194109) and I must admit I am close to ripping them off the truck and sending the pieces back! I have no pictures of my problem, save one - included below.

This is the first set of in-channel visors I have ever owned, having used the exterior tape on in the past. I wanted to maintain the sleek look of my Ram which is why I opted for this variation. They did install easily and quickly. No real hiccups. And I left the windows up for two days to allow everything to set and settle into place.

Ever since last Wednesday, every blasted time I open my driver's side window the glass catches the visor on the front flange. I can only close the window completely by pulling over, opening my door and reaching over the door and holding the edge of the visor away from the window so the glass doesn't catch and make that horrid "SNAP" sound (I swear I expect the visor to crack every time I hear that). This is a VERY annoying and time consuming habit that is leading me further into insanity!

I have tested the other windows over the last few days to find that the two rear visors are performing flawlessly. You can hear the glass sliding over the visor while opening or closing but that is fine. No catching, so I'm good there. The front passenger glass does catch the visor if I use the auto-up feature. However, if I just tap it up without allowing the auto function to kick in, it slides over the front flange of the visor without issue (same sliding sound as the rears, but that's fine.. there's no catch or cracking sound so I'm happy).

After some research, scouring the internet.. I pulled the driver's visor off tonight and found that the front flange has no tape on it. Well, that may explain the problem! Why in the world would they not put tape on all edges of these visors?! Seeing as how I am just plum out of 3M tape, I took an idea I read from a number of reviewers and smeared some super glue on the flange and stuffed the visor back into the channel. Come morning, I should have an idea of whether or not this approach will work.

This whole experience saddens me as these visors do look awesome, paint matched or not, on my truck and their supposed functions are appealing to me. However, if I cannot get the entire set to perform correctly, I will resort to my original, spontaneous plan of ripping the set off, sending the pieces back and ultimately installing the original exterior tape on version. I truly do not want to go that route. But, really, what other options have I?

If anyone who has ever used in-channel visors has any feedback, suggestions, ideas, opinions.. I am totally open to hear anything that may help! Thanks for listening.

A picture of the front leading edge of the driver's side visor. The front flange is notably missing any adhesive to assist it in sticking to the channel and keeping clear of the glass.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I have had in channel visors on my truck for over a year, never had any problems, summer, winter, spring or Fall, no issues, when installing them I needed to use the cleaning pads to clean off the felt around the area where they will stick to, then I needed to use the adhesive starter to get them ready to stick, then I had to install them, close my window and leave them closed for 2 - 3 days, once that was past, I could use the windows with no problem, never had an issue with them.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I have had in channel visors on my truck for over a year, never had any problems, summer, winter, spring or Fall, no issues, when installing them I needed to use the cleaning pads to clean off the felt around the area where they will stick to, then I needed to use the adhesive starter to get them ready to stick, then I had to install them, close my window and leave them closed for 2 - 3 days, once that was past, I could use the windows with no problem, never had an issue with them.
Exactly the same for me as well
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Exactly the same for me as well
Oh and they don't catch, bind or clip the window in any way when opening or closing the window, front or rears.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Ram Ham

Yeah, I installed them just like you guys are saying.. clean, buff, wipe..
Checked it this morning while driving out to my mailbox.. my attempted super glue fix on the driver's visor did not take.. it made the snap sound and finally cracked when I tried nudging it up (no auto) into closed position. I opened my door to find it had broken and is now in four pieces.

I called the 800 # on the instruction insert and, wow! I got a human within two minutes of holding.. no press 1 for English crap (bonus!).. my human rep spoke English fluently (double bonus!).. she gave me her personal email and instructions on what to send to her. I clicked a few quick photos, sent them over and blam I have a full set in a FedEx truck come this afternoon. Wow. I've used Lund/AVS products before but I highly doubt I shall ever stray in the future. Their customer service, their no bs warranty and their prices make their product A+ in my book!

I'm having them deliver to my parents' place in Cheyenne as they will arrive before I return home. Here's to getting this, seemingly simple, install done right the second time. I swear I followed every step to the T.. but this time I will spend 20 minutes per window if I have to to ensure I get them in right!

Now to decide whether to pull the other three off in the meantime... It does look a tad unbalanced..

RIPieces lol

Last edited by KA1OTE; 02-26-2013 at 11:53 AM.