DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have owned 2 Chevy 1/2 ton pickups & the 1999 had a transmission that was starting to act up
So i wanted a New 2009 Chevy 1/2 ton, the salesman incorrectly told me that i couldn't get 4 wheel disc brakes, so i drove over to a GMC dealer & the weather was quite warm, the salesman didn't want to step outside of the showroom, so i left
Went to a Toyota dealership & not one salesman stepped out of the showroom, until they saw me walking back to my 1999 Chevy, they they were in a mad rush to talk to me, i just drove off
Ford never made a good automatic transmission, so i didn't even look at them.
I then drove to the Dodge dealership, salesmen crowded around me like a pack of wolves, sensing prey.
I didn't like the way the Rams nose looks, trying to seem like a semi truck, i don't like the tailgate either, but i needed a truck. I don't like much about the exterior design, can't tell where the bumpers are, afraid the right side is going to knock off mirrors while driving down a narrow road. I never drove it or really looked at it on the dealers lot, before i signed the papers & drove it off the lot.
My 2009 slowly grew on me & it has been reliable, so i can't complain
I don't know if i will buy another Ram
I will definitely buy another classic Chevy 1/2 ton

By the way, most sales people don't like my looks, i look like a homeless person, long hair & long beard, worn out jeans & t-shirt when i go shopping. They look at me & wonder what i am going to rip off. It doesn't bother me & they can't tell if i have money or not, so they don't waste their breath trying to sell me a New vehicle
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 02 Dodge Ram/92 IROC R/T
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Forest Green
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:67
02 Ram will become famous soon enough

i just love the way they look over the other trucks, plus i just love Dodge. ive owned 11 vehicles. the RAM, 2 88 toyota pickups, and 8 Dodge Daytona's. im just a Mopar guy. been hooked since i was 22 or 24. my first car was the Daytona at 22 or 24 and its been a Mopar affair since

Old 02-27-2013, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I have owned 2 Chevy 1/2 ton pickups & the 1999 had a transmission that was starting to act up
So i wanted a New 2009 Chevy 1/2 ton, the salesman incorrectly told me that i couldn't get 4 wheel disc brakes, so i drove over to a GMC dealer & the weather was quite warm, the salesman didn't want to step outside of the showroom, so i left
Went to a Toyota dealership & not one salesman stepped out of the showroom, until they saw me walking back to my 1999 Chevy, they they were in a mad rush to talk to me, i just drove off
Ford never made a good automatic transmission, so i didn't even look at them.
I then drove to the Dodge dealership, salesmen crowded around me like a pack of wolves, sensing prey.
I didn't like the way the Rams nose looks, trying to seem like a semi truck, i don't like the tailgate either, but i needed a truck. I don't like much about the exterior design, can't tell where the bumpers are, afraid the right side is going to knock off mirrors while driving down a narrow road. I never drove it or really looked at it on the dealers lot, before i signed the papers & drove it off the lot.
My 2009 slowly grew on me & it has been reliable, so i can't complain
I don't know if i will buy another Ram
I will definitely buy another classic Chevy 1/2 ton

By the way, most sales people don't like my looks, i look like a homeless person, long hair & long beard, worn out jeans & t-shirt when i go shopping. They look at me & wonder what i am going to rip off. It doesn't bother me & they can't tell if i have money or not, so they don't waste their breath trying to sell me a New vehicle
So that means the Dodge/Ram sales people saw you and felt sorry for you and that's how you got the Ram at a discount. Or is the fact that they saw you driving that P.O.S. GM truck and felt sorry for you or it could be that they all fell in love with a guy who looks like a homeless Santa Clause. Or it could be a whole other reason all together.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:34
muddy53 is on a distinguished road

I have always liked the Ford but when my 99 was costing me big bucks in repairs, I shopped for a Reg Cab Short Bed 4x4 with a hot V8. Only Dodge fit the bill. Not only was the Ram the better looking trucks in the last several years, they were putting some punch in them with the Hemi. Also, for a comparably equipped Ford Truck was thousand more.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Jim i think it was all the above
i think the discount was for the partially flat tire & the almost dead battery on a orange truck that no one else wanted

it is perfect for my business

latest pix

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 02-27-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Big
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dark Grey
Rep:10
GregyT is on a distinguished road
Default great looks

best interior, and the brother in-laws $3000 employee discount. plus i have a grandcaravan and the thing is bullet proof.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

One word .... CUMMINS
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I've always been a truck guy and always seemed to bounce from Ford to Chev to Chev to Ford. In the early days of my marriage we got rid of my truck and only had a car, well the wife totaled the car so I said screw it we are getting a truck. At the time we needed a mid size truck 4X4 and fuel economy. The only truck that filled that description was the Dodge Dakota. I bought her new in 99 and drove her right up till I got my 11 Ram. I've been drooling over the 4th Gen Rams since seeing the first pics back in 08. When the time came to buy I was already sold on Dodge and in my mind it was Ram or nothing at all. Being as I wanted to do things by the numbers I did go look at all of them, Ford, Chev, Toyota and Nissan. After pricing them all out optioned out the way I wanted them my Ram was the hands down winner. Now why I'm on my second Ram is a story within a story so we will just say it was an early upgrade to the best truck on the market!

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: grey metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
donz hemi is on a distinguished road

I had a 1999 toyota tacoma that sold in one day, so i needed a truck that could pull my camper. I KNEW I WANTED A RAM,and it's been great.the dodges look the best too. I've had chev and ford too but now i'm a mopar man .
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:31
mswift is on a distinguished road

Because its a mans truck

Sits bigger then the other trucks out there! Looks more rugged

Seems there is more comsetic stuff you can do to it

And who wouldn't want a RAM!!!