DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

lol i have 0 problems smoking them from a stand still and barking 2nd

but at 200 plus a pop i try not to
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i agree with op, we should have been informed about the encryption code before the sale. that being said, i was never into tunes. would have liked to have known about the zf axles and lack of aftermarket gearing before i purchased though.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:246
HemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

When I first bought my 03, I could smoke the tires on launch no problem, but no shift chirping. After a few mods here and there (delete TM, 4.56 gears, 2800 stall converter, perf build trans with shift kit) the 1-2 shift is BRUTAL.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 09-08-2012, 07:02 AM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

Real quick guys, thanks for those that understand, I do know what pretty much all of you guys are talking about. I know its a truck, I know it weighs a lot, I know it aint a race car. Its not even so much about that. All that don't matter, its about customizing or just doing what I want with my property. I am not condoning driving like a moron on traffic, or trying to choke everyone with smoke from my tires at the lights, I don't ever like doing anything that affects or hurts others. I usually just drive from point a to b, and have found having a pickup is been one of the most usefull and versatile vehicles out there. I don't car about gas mileage too bad, but not to say I want to destroy our environment either.

To me, I am a gearhead, and always will be, I am the fan of the "Sleeper" kudos to the "Unexpected" enthrawled is the word. There to me is just something about as an example, a 4000lb truck that pulls low 12 second quarter miles and carves canyons, when, WHY, it shouldn't, and it doesn't need too, BUT THAT IS THE WHOLE REASON I LOVE IT. The unexpected. I will admit, I have raced a fella or gal or two to the next light, usually when there is no traffic around (don't want to hurt others with my Hooligans), or a time or two when no one is around, and I pull away from a stop sign smoking the tires, or great example, I got a minivan in the fast lane doing 5mph under the speed limit, but when you go to pass, he will race you to the next vehicle so that you can't pass, because you didn't have enough power to overtake them, and as soon as you fall back behind them they brake down to 5mph under the limit again, holy hell, what a freakin long run on sentence!

It is awesome to feel that being pinned in the seat due to the g forces from your acceleration. I know this truck wasnt made to do this, but original vw bugs are not supposed to do wheelies, and pull 10 second quarters either, but if you want it bad enough, and got enough money to do it, you know you can do it. This again is my choice, and is what I wanted. I would love to see a kid in a mustang scratch his head on how a full size pickup just smoked him to the next stop sign.

Please don't give me speaches of being responsible, and telling me what a truck is for, and I will do my best to not race someone on a crowded freeway, endangering everyones lives. Come on, we are all adults here, and we know right from wrong. I know that some people are going to give me a thumbs up if I smoke my tires, and others are probably going to give me the finger.

I was just saying it really upset me that I this is the platform I chose to do with as I wanted, and I run into these issues, oh well, what do you expect, thats life.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

hodgeee, don't give up on our aftermarket guys just yet bud. Where there's a will, there will be a way. I myself agree with you on everything you say. I just like to play devils advocate with anyone who is displeased with their ride, that's all. I can honestly tell you that I have had the great experience of driving and experiencing most import and domestic trucks and cars. I don't hate any of them because of male testosterone levels or who's balls are bigger syndrome. ALL of the manufacturers have a weakness, whether mechanically or electronically, period! And the great thing about all this is the human competitive spirit. That's what all us gearheads thrive on. I know I shouldn't race my 1500 against a 2500 diesel but HELL! He started the playground fight, not me. I just finished it, hahaha! Even though at 44 years of age, my grandma would yank my ear to the sky and lecture me on how I should know better than to do that, but we are all still and will be that young fighting spirited American boy deep down who wants to "Rock and Roll All Night!" This is a fantabulous forum and I say express your deepest regrets or passion for your Ram because as you can tell, I surely will brother. And on that note, don't be pissed at Chrysler/Dodge/Ram; It's the EPA or government emission idiots that tie our American engineering hands behind their backs. Overseas European, Asian vehicles don't have near as many running issues as our government controlled vehicles do here in the U.S. That is a known fact, Jack! When a European VW TDI can get well over 75mpg compared to our U.S. version of only 45mpg; there's something wrong with that! Just imagine what an unlimited, uncontrolled Hemi Ram could really do without all the red tape crap...........................
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
hodgeee, don't give up on our aftermarket guys just yet bud. Where there's a will, there will be a way. I myself agree with you on everything you say. I just like to play devils advocate with anyone who is displeased with their ride, that's all. I can honestly tell you that I have had the great experience of driving and experiencing most import and domestic trucks and cars. I don't hate any of them because of male testosterone levels or who's balls are bigger syndrome. ALL of the manufacturers have a weakness, whether mechanically or electronically, period! And the great thing about all this is the human competitive spirit. That's what all us gearheads thrive on. I know I shouldn't race my 1500 against a 2500 diesel but HELL! He started the playground fight, not me. I just finished it, hahaha! Even though at 44 years of age, my grandma would yank my ear to the sky and lecture me on how I should know better than to do that, but we are all still and will be that young fighting spirited American boy deep down who wants to "Rock and Roll All Night!" This is a fantabulous forum and I say express your deepest regrets or passion for your Ram because as you can tell, I surely will brother. And on that note, don't be pissed at Chrysler/Dodge/Ram; It's the EPA or government emission idiots that tie our American engineering hands behind their backs. Overseas European, Asian vehicles don't have near as many running issues as our government controlled vehicles do here in the U.S. That is a known fact, Jack! When a European VW TDI can get well over 75mpg compared to our U.S. version of only 45mpg; there's something wrong with that! Just imagine what an unlimited, uncontrolled Hemi Ram could really do without all the red tape crap...........................
HeHeHe! I know, God Bless America, you nailed it right on the head! Having served our country and spent time over seas in a few other countries, you really understand how good we do have it here. I won't give up just yet, and I do know if I just regear it, and change out the torque converter, it will perform sooooo much better, by pushing past the programming, that is killing me right now. I have already felt an improvement since the intake, and catback exhaust. Dont get me wrong either, I do love the truck, and what a pleasure to drive, already handles great with my SP shocked Belltech, and my Hellwig sways, plus the brakes are some of the best I have had stock, and I have had some Brembos systems before. Just sometimes I will floor it to get out into some heavy traffic and it just kind of putts out there, but if I give it half throttle, it feels like driving one of my old muscle cars.

Well, after the summer dies down, and we get out of this 110 degree Vegas weather, I sure the truck will feel a lot more powerfull, cause it aint that bad right now, but surely doesn't feel like the truck I thought I bought. Thanks Guys!
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram factory order
Trim Level: ST
Color: BLACK
Rep:256
HOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the roughHOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the roughHOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the rough

Chirp the tires..?? Who cares about chirping, lighting em up, smokin em, blah blah blah. Thats just showing off. If you wanna show off go buy a Viper or a Lambo and be one of "those guys"
Belltech 3"/5" Lowering kit. Belltech Rear Swaybar, Flowmaster Y Pipe, Custom 4" Single Exhaust w/ 4" Race Magnaflow, 22" SRT10 Wheels, Moroso Catch Can, Undercover SE Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Techliner Bedliner, Diablosport Trinity w/ Hemifever Tune
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Rep:246
HemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRODHARLEY View Post
Chirp the tires..?? Who cares about chirping, lighting em up, smokin em, blah blah blah. Thats just showing off. If you wanna show off go buy a Viper or a Lambo and be one of "those guys"
Holy thread resurrection, batman

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:639
chefred112 is a name known to allchefred112 is a name known to allchefred112 is a name known to allchefred112 is a name known to allchefred112 is a name known to allchefred112 is a name known to all

well, some of us can't afford more than 1 car so we try to make what we have faster... and since our trucks came with the hemi motor, it screams to be modded.. maybe some of us have deep pockets where they have the attitude "if I wanted to go faster, i'd buy a car"... well, if that same car could tow my boat i would have went that route instead... but I love the versatility my truck has. I love driving to the track and seein all sortsa vehicles on trailers, and then beatin a bunch of them while there. So much so that when I'm in the pits or in the staging lanes, I do draw a crowd wanting to see what I have under the hood and blowin them away when I tell them the bottom end is strictly stock and original with over 200k miles to it... and then the next day pullin my skiboat to the delta and doin some wakeboarding...it makes for a completely satisfying weekend with what i can afford...
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT: 12.107 @ 113.960 MPH
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:192
Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

If you bought a Ram Truck for burnouts, you were shopping for the wrong vehicle and you were bound to have buyer's remorse! That's like saying that you are mad because your Shelby GT500 got stuck the other day while you were hunting, or that the roof of your Shelby GT500 got scratched hauling plywood back from the lumber store! If you were shopping for a vehicle to do burnouts in, you should have bought the Shelby GT500...