DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Only in a Blue truck. Us Black truck owners need to use Black tape or it just looks wrong. Even if your in the middle of testing and research, you have to look good.
touche'

Since you guys seems to all have the problem near the dash, have you checked the gasket that's between the back of the hood and the fire wall. If it had a bend in it or wasn't sitting flush against the hood I could imagine that might cause a whistling noise....
Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
touche'

Since you guys seems to all have the problem near the dash, have you checked the gasket that's between the back of the hood and the fire wall. If it had a bend in it or wasn't sitting flush against the hood I could imagine that might cause a whistling noise....
I believe that is a possibility with merit.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 03-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

imho, op shouldn't do a thing except bring his new 2013 ram back to the dealer and let them fix this.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Two different dealers couldn't fix my 11 which has the same whistle as my 13. Now to add insult to whistle my sales guy who sold me my 11 and 13 drives a 12 Sport and it has the same whistle and his techs cannot pin point the problem. Thats why I am here asking the collective.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

This is just a thought
Could it possibly be the Cold Air Intake in the glove compartment area ?
I seem to recall some body mentioning something about a breeze or something down in that area
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Red
Rep:10
20hemi10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Only in a Blue truck. Us Black truck owners need to use Black tape or it just looks wrong. Even if your in the middle of testing and research, you have to look good.
That's why I did my testing at night time
Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I just cured mine! It was the antenna!!!!
Here is the caveat however!!!! I do have an 18" stubby antenna that was on my 11 thus why I had the whistle on both trucks....but here is what makes me giggle! When I first discovered the crosswind whistle with my 11 it was while it was stock, so when I added the stubby antenna I have now it was still there and never occurred to me it was an antenna issue.
So two weeks ago I'm driving my 13 home from the dealership (3 hours south of me) and I was pumped thinking the nasty crosswind whistle would be gone with the new Ram...well imagine my disappointment when low and behold it whistles the same as my 11. This past week with warmer weather I finally got around to figuring out the problem. After 3 hours of testing this morning taping off seams, pulling wipers, taping hood to windshield, the list does go on and on and not finding a cure I said screw it and almost gave up. Thinking through my list of tests not once did I actually drive the truck without an antenna, it was either with the stock antenna or my custom antenna. Low and behold no antenna....no whistle! Factory antenna....whistle, 18" version of my custom antenna...whistle, 12" version of my custom antenna....no whistle! So for now it appears I finally have a vehicle without the whistle. I do need a windy day now to really see for sure but it appears I've got it fixed.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Red
20hemi10 is on a distinguished road

Glad you found your noise culprit Stump3r. There still has to be something else causing this same noise on all these other rams though.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
phquick is on a distinguished road

Mine whistle started right after I got a stubby antenna when I hit 70 mph or more.
But I like the look of it, so I am dealing with that noise.....is this nuts?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Color: White
Rep:29
J Roc is on a distinguished road

Nice work Stump3r!