DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

Sweet!!!!

I still want to know how much it will cost to have one of those babies between the frame rails???
Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 View Post
Sweet!!!!

I still want to know how much it will cost to have one of those babies between the frame rails???
They have posted prices for the Cherokee. It's a 4500 upgrade over the Pentastar. The interesting thing is the 2wd Jeep with the Pentastar and 8 speed gets 25MPG HWY just like the same combo in the Ram. They haven't posted the diesel rams specs, but the Diesel Cherokee gets 30MPG HWY!

My guess is city will be 19 or 20 and highway will be 30mpg. I know Cummins guys see good MPG improvements from tunes and emissions deletes. I wonder what kind of MPG would be possible by doing that on this engine.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road

Okay so I just bought my truck thinking these weren't coming out for at least 3 more years but i see a lot of question on price and fuel economy what about how its going to affect payload. My dealer book says my truck should hold 1400lbs my vehicle says its rated for only 1165lbs. I have a 2012 outdoorsman qc 4x4. Nothing special on features I was looking for all the go and none of the show. but if this engire weighs 200lbs more that means 900lbs of payload. My 2002 saturn l200 is rated for 926lbs. I didn't get a half ton to put a ton in but I feel this is where the worry should be. Anyone else think of this or question this, or even know the answer?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikennrg View Post
They have posted prices for the Cherokee. It's a 4500 upgrade over the Pentastar. The interesting thing is the 2wd Jeep with the Pentastar and 8 speed gets 25MPG HWY just like the same combo in the Ram. They haven't posted the diesel rams specs, but the Diesel Cherokee gets 30MPG HWY!

My guess is city will be 19 or 20 and highway will be 30mpg. I know Cummins guys see good MPG improvements from tunes and emissions deletes. I wonder what kind of MPG would be possible by doing that on this engine.
I was thinking price wise around $5,500 for the diesel option. Your guess on the mpgs seems like a good one.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 GMC 2500
Rep:16
Ctrl-z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman2012 View Post
Okay so I just bought my truck thinking these weren't coming out for at least 3 more years but i see a lot of question on price and fuel economy what about how its going to affect payload. My dealer book says my truck should hold 1400lbs my vehicle says its rated for only 1165lbs. I have a 2012 outdoorsman qc 4x4. Nothing special on features I was looking for all the go and none of the show. but if this engire weighs 200lbs more that means 900lbs of payload. My 2002 saturn l200 is rated for 926lbs. I didn't get a half ton to put a ton in but I feel this is where the worry should be. Anyone else think of this or question this, or even know the answer?
Heck I think about it all the time because poor payload capacity will be the one thing that prevents me from buying a new 1500. Seems to me that Ram doesn't really care that their light duty trucks aren't payload competitive with their competition. It's a different story with their heavy-duty models where they have greatly increased their ratings but I'm afraid the 1500, especially the higher trim levels, just aren't really suitable for real work. For city poseur duty, they are excellent.

The truck I'm looking at (Laramie crew cab, 4x4 w. Rambox) has a payload rating of only 1150#. Add some factory options like sunroof, air suspension, running boards, box liner etc. and then get sticker stock when you look at the actual payload capacity listed on the placard on the door. Add the diesel engine and long-box option to it and ... ?!!