DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Iron Bull Defender 4 Bumper Installed *Pics*

29K views 74 replies 20 participants last post by  J Rod 
#1 ·
Finally got my Iron Bull Defender 4 Bumper in. Been ready to do a product review of it but wanted to wait till I had it installed.

Truck:
2012 Ram 1500 4x4

Product:
Iron Bull Defender 4 Series

Price:
Well I get discounted pricing since I know the VP, but their retail pricing is not bad at all when compared to other companies. The one thing I like about Iron Bull is the fact their bumpers come painted (you can still color match). Road Armor for instance comes bare and then you have to pay to get it painted. Iron Bull is cheaper with paint then a bare Road Armor.

Shipping:
Their shipping fee is $200. What I like about their shipping is they email 24-32 hours before it will be there telling you it is almost there. Then the driver calls you when an hour out. My favorite thing about shipping is that one of their personal drivers delivers it to you personally. It is an Iron Bull employee. Much better than just a FedEx guy dropping it off at the door. The guy unloaded it and put it exactly where I wanted it.

Install:
Install time was maybe 2 hours. And this was with plenty of drinking time and chit chatting. Small con is they did not send installation instructions. This was a problem since they sent to long pieces of metal that I had no idea were for. I emailed my buddy and he told me it was for those who intended to be real rough on the bumper for added support and he did not recommend me installing them, so I didn't. Pretty much drop the front bumper (real easy), take out the grill to drop the plastic piece (big horn and laramie), install the new bumper, trim the fender plastic, and wala, installed. I would recommend having someone to hold the bumper up while someone bolts it in. The only real big problem I have is that the bumper did not line up perfectly. Working this out with Iron Bull, they are going to cover the body shop fixing it. All they have to do is drill out the holes a little larger to slide the bumper to the right one inch. It is only an inch off. I have no complaints since I got the bumper under cost. Bumper installs at original stock location with stock bolts. Thats it, no extra modification required.

Build Quality:
My buddy is a professional welder and once we unwrapped the bumper he was amazed at how precise and perfect the welds are. They literally are amazing. We both stated it was a work of art. Bumper is extremely sick. The paint is perfect. Couldn't be happier in this department.

Pros:

• Price
  • Shipping
  • Build Quality
  • Ease of Install
  • Looks
Cons:

• Slight fitment/alignment issues (Iron Bull is taking care of it)
  • No Installation Directions

Here are some pics, I will get better ones later on in the week

Before:

After:

Overall I am EXTREMELY happy and would recommend this company to anyone. Of course being sponsored by them I prefer them, but I have ran Road Armor, Ranch Hand, and Westin Bumpers and Grill Guards and this bumper truly is my favorite overall. Between aggressive pricing, fantastic customer support, and fantastic build quality I will continue using Iron Bull.

:smileup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks awesome brother!

Great write-up too.

I'd give you reputation points but apparently I gotta' share them around first. I'll get you next time.

Congrats.

#3 ·
So, are they going to correct the hole locations for future customers? Great looking bumper.

#4 ·
Yes, this was actually I think their first 2012. And the 2012s are slightly different then their mock up vehicle. This is why they sponsored me. This will not be an issue on future trucks. My truck was a mock up check it out truck. It is an easy fix. :smileup:

As stated, it is only an inch off if that.

I really cant explain in words how great their customer service is. The VP called me today on his day off (Sunday) to work this out with me

#15 ·
Haha thanks man

man that looks good. I like the small profile of the ironbull bumpers. they don't stick out all obnoxious like other off-road bumpers i've seen.

reps
I agree completely. They actually try to have the same profile dimensions wise as the stock bumper. Which is one reason I chose them.

Looks really good :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Thanks man. Now it's your turn.

Looks great! When I got my bumpers, there were no instructions either, guess it's a bumper thing, lol
Ya I feel ya there. It isn't bad once you look at it. Really easy install. Just have to think about it and start undoing bolts till it comes out

#7 ·
man that looks good. I like the small profile of the ironbull bumpers. they don't stick out all obnoxious like other off-road bumpers i've seen.

reps

#9 ·
Looks great! When I got my bumpers, there were no instructions either, guess it's a bumper thing, lol

#10 ·
Talked with my body shop, they have had some issues with certain rams ligning up with various frame mounted bumpers as well. They knew exactly what to do. They aligning the bumper tomorrow. Called iron bull and they are covering all the expense, even though I got the bumper under cost. Couldn't be happier.

#16 ·
What do they have to do to correct it? Oval out the mounting holes? When do we get finished pics? Whats next?

Weird you had problems. White4x4 had those bumpers on his '12 for over a year without any issues. My 11 bumpers were a direct swap to his 12 too....

#17 ·
Shut it Blake :LOL: go back to texting me

And all they had to do was slot it out a small amount. Once again iron bull took care of it and gave me some store credit. So it doesn't matter to me whose fault it is. All that matters is its fixed and looks awesome :smileup:

#18 ·
What matters to me is the follow up service. My apple computers have had problems, trucks have had problems, lifts, etc. what has always mattered to me is the follow up service and how well they took care of me when and if a problem came about. Our shop has done many iron bull bumpers and this is the first problem we've had with one. And iron bull took care of it immediately.

#32 ·
After. The pics just look weird. But it's pretty much dead even. Couldn't be happier.

It's supposed to sit 3/4" out from the fender for two reasons:
1. In case you brush something. Protects the fender
2. If you run fender flares it'll be close to perfect.

#39 ·
So apparently there isn't supposed to be a gap between the bumper and headlights. Cameron at iron bull called me to ask me if I put the washers in... I check and nope. So I'll be putting 1 washer on the bottom bolts which pulls the bumper up and clears that gap between the headlights and bumper. I thought it was supposed to be like that but I'm glad I can get rid of it.

#40 ·
^^ i wasnt gonna say anything lol. Mines has a 1/4" - 3/8" gap all the way around even at the headlights and fenders. Bumper follows the headlight spacing at the fender. Then Again I had custom brackets made to slip over the frame horns!

Looks good tho!! Ready to see it filled out. At the shop now, having them put my bilsteins like yours :)

#42 ·
I would still like them please! But seriously before i have the brackets we used washes also and it worked perfect. Prolly want a at least .5" for those reasons you said earlier. I just went cosmetic bc I could with the brackets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.