DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
CowboyZ51's Avatar
CowboyZ51 CowboyZ51 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 84
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default

Ya.
Since it's summer right round the corner, it's not like the remote start is a must have. So I guess I have to wait and hope dodge gets their act together and get something out before it's winter again.. Guess I'll wait and hope. And hope that the uconnect upgrade that will make the system work like the guys who have it in the states happens as well.
Im taking odds these two issues won't be resolved in 6 months or less..
Hope Im wrong otherwise I'll prob trade in on a GMC.

It is a nice truck, just unimpressed things that I was told are not a reality.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM
dalei989 dalei989 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 39
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Leather
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
dalei989 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyZ51 View Post
Ya.
Since it's summer right round the corner, it's not like the remote start is a must have. So I guess I have to wait and hope dodge gets their act together and get something out before it's winter again.. Guess I'll wait and hope. And hope that the uconnect upgrade that will make the system work like the guys who have it in the states happens as well.
Im taking odds these two issues won't be resolved in 6 months or less..
Hope Im wrong otherwise I'll prob trade in on a GMC.

It is a nice truck, just unimpressed things that I was told are not a reality.
I spoke to viper remote start and they are working on a solution for our truck and the have the smart start module. I put one in my wifes truck and works awesome she starts her truck from her iphone. We were in Los Angeles and for a joke she started here truck which was her in Gibsons BC So that may be a option down the road as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
dustinterry102's Avatar
dustinterry102 dustinterry102 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
dustinterry102 is on a distinguished road
Default

I was told when i bought my 2013 that they did not have access to getting remote starters added to the 2013 ram yet, due to 2014 electronics used in the later 2013s. I was added to a list of several other people whom wanted the option
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Chromag Chromag is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 216
Gender: Male
Vehicle: Don't own a Dodge
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Chromag is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinterry102 View Post
I was told when i bought my 2013 that they did not have access to getting remote starters added to the 2013 ram yet, due to 2014 electronics used in the later 2013s. I was added to a list of several other people whom wanted the option
Different electronics are being used for the 2014?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
dustinterry102's Avatar
dustinterry102 dustinterry102 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
dustinterry102 is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont know what electronics the 2014's are using...assuming that the later 2013's were a testing ground for dodge. So us with a later yeared 2013 will see remote start available around the time 2014's come out
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM
CowboyZ51's Avatar
CowboyZ51 CowboyZ51 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 84
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinterry102 View Post
I was told when i bought my 2013 that they did not have access to getting remote starters added to the 2013 ram yet, due to 2014 electronics used in the later 2013s. I was added to a list of several other people whom wanted the option
Ya, im just po'd that what I was told is not the case.
Makes me want to return my truck and get my $ back.

Might go with the solution suggested above if and when is available.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
CowboyZ51's Avatar
CowboyZ51 CowboyZ51 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 84
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinterry102 View Post
I was told when i bought my 2013 that they did not have access to getting remote starters added to the 2013 ram yet, due to 2014 electronics used in the later 2013s. I was added to a list of several other people whom wanted the option
What list and how can I get my name on it
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Scubasavage Scubasavage is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Scubasavage is on a distinguished road
Angry

I know, same issue on my truck. I have a complaint in with Chrysler Canada already about how the dealership I went to put a aftermarket brake control in my truck instead of the factory ram one I asked for, and Tekonsha has a bulletin out that the control cannot be used on 2013 without a special adapter harness, as 2013's have a "powernet" and are not like a traditional vehicle in terms of power. If I had hooked up a trailer to my truck before I discovered this bulletin myself online, I could have caused "severe electrical damage". I only started looking as the dealership mounted the aftermarket control in just the ugliest and stupidest place on the dash that they could, rubbing the leather on the door even. All when the factory control is fully availble!

So when whoever said dealerships have a steep learning curve on these trucks , that was the understatement of the decade!

When I finally get someone at Dodge to get back to me on my complaint, Im gonna raise another big one about this remote start issue just because I have their "cool" push button no key start, that's retarded and should have been advertised so I could have bought a different truck that had it from the factory!! I'm not too impressed with dodge or the dealerships on this lack of knowledge and support on their shiny new $50000 products! I live in Canada, remote start should be standard by now for !$&@ sakes! And now, I can't even get one at all???? Today is -18 celsius where I live...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-18-2013, 03:17 AM
CowboyZ51's Avatar
CowboyZ51 CowboyZ51 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 84
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasavage View Post
I know, same issue on my truck. I have a complaint in with Chrysler Canada already about how the dealership I went to put a aftermarket brake control in my truck instead of the factory ram one I asked for, and Tekonsha has a bulletin out that the control cannot be used on 2013 without a special adapter harness, as 2013's have a "powernet" and are not like a traditional vehicle in terms of power. If I had hooked up a trailer to my truck before I discovered this bulletin myself online, I could have caused "severe electrical damage". I only started looking as the dealership mounted the aftermarket control in just the ugliest and stupidest place on the dash that they could, rubbing the leather on the door even. All when the factory control is fully availble!

So when whoever said dealerships have a steep learning curve on these trucks , that was the understatement of the decade!

When I finally get someone at Dodge to get back to me on my complaint, Im gonna raise another big one about this remote start issue just because I have their "cool" push button no key start, that's retarded and should have been advertised so I could have bought a different truck that had it from the factory!! I'm not too impressed with dodge or the dealerships on this lack of knowledge and support on their shiny new $50000 products! I live in Canada, remote start should be standard by now for !$&@ sakes! And now, I can't even get one at all???? Today is -18 celsius where I live...
I hear and agree with you. Dodge shouldnt have released these trucks if they didn't have a solution for remote start. But more so its the dealership who should not have told me that a dealer installed as good as factory remote start wpwas avaliable just so they could make the sale. I mean i couldve waited til the dealer found a truck with the remote start and options i wanted. Im sure there's more then a few floating around calgary. Anyways I'll just have to wait and see and if nothing is available by next fall, I'll be buying a new truck and basically after the depreciation hit, pay like $10k for a remote starter. Lol
Let me know how your conversation with Dodge on the remote start. I think I might call them on this issue as well.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
BigDRammer BigDRammer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 97
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC
Trim Level: Big Horn CC
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
BigDRammer is on a distinguished road
Default

I spoke with someone at viper today. They said that the smart start is not yet approved for the13 Ram but that they are working on it and testing. He took my name and email to notify me when it is verified. The aftermarket is slowly catching up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum