DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 cc
Trim Level: slt cc big horn
Color: deep cherry pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
durtyss is on a distinguished road
Default Disgusted by dodge

Truck 4 months old 10k miles washed everyweek. Took truck in for paint issue on door seal and the holes that formed on the rubber door seals. Dealership sent pics into there digital imagetry department. Dealership called said dodge denied it and called it normal wear gave me number to contacf them. I called they said denial final and there was no one I could talk to what a joke between this and the bumper rust im fed up.

Last edited by durtyss; 03-15-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

That is definitely not "normal wear" in my books but it does looks like excessive wear from getting in and out of the vehicle and that is probably why the claim was denied. If that is the case I don't think any manufacturer will warranty that.

I've had my truck for over a year and it has more than 26,000kms on it and I don't wash it every week and I don't have anything close to that on any of my door sills.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Man sorry to hear about your denial but man! That is some serious pant leg or boot sole wear gettin in and out of your truck bud. Especially in the Nevada desert.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

It is in a high traffic area, mine was scratching early on also. I put 3M protective film in all the door areas. Sorry buddy.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
filbertr6 is on a distinguished road

durtyss, No Offence intended. In all honesty, it looks like you, or a passenger, kick the $h!t out of that door jamb on a daily basis! Returning that for warranty, would be like kicking in the fender with your boots, and trying to return that for warranty! I'm surprised the dealer took the time to send pics to Chrysler, it must be policy to forward all concerns to the manufacturer, because I wouldn't have taken the time if it were up to me! Good luck with your truck, and careful you don't cut it right in half from door jamb to door jamb with your boots! Treat her a little nicer!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
filbertr6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKy411 View Post
It is in a high traffic area, mine was scratching early on also. I put 3M protective film in all the door areas. Sorry buddy.
I second this, as I install it! But in all honesty, with that kind of wear , that fast, I would estimate you will have to replace paint protection film in your door jamb about every 6 months or so! Your pic looks like your going to be digging right into steel! : (
Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Rep:192
Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

That damage is without a doubt from something abrasive being rubbed against it. I would have a serious talk with my passengers about lifting their feet up when they step out instead of letting their dirty shoes slide across the paint. Warranty would never cover something like this damage.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:79
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

i'm getting these....http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/st...124_2094.aspx#
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

No vehicle manufacturer would ever cover that under any claim. There is nothing remotely 'normal' these about that wear. That's beaten in an excessive manner. Period.

With all due respect, and I mean that, I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to even attempt to claim something like that under a manufacturing issue. We're you legitimate in your attempt or just trying to pull a fast one?

It's customers who attempt to do the latter that ruin it for the rest of us who have a legitimate case/claim to be heard. Think about that for statement for a second.....

Believe you me, Chrysler/Ram and dealerships document ALL claims attempted; even the bullshit ones.

Good luck to you.

Grub out!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 cc
Trim Level: slt cc big horn
Color: deep cherry pearl
Rep:18
durtyss is on a distinguished road

Lets get some things straight im a commercial inspector for the highway patrol im not in the market to pull a fast one. I have been a mechanic for 10 years. If you look at my other threads you will see how well I take care of my truck I wash it weekly and wax it once a month. That damage you see was what a 300 mile trip did not only that my door seals have holes rubbed thru them above latch and upper part. So two holes in rubber and this leads me to believe a door alignment issue. Dodge such as yourselves believe it was wear from everday use. Pictures only tell one side, btw my 09 with 36000 miles looks as good as the day I got it. Also this is driver side and im only one who drives it. Hope this clears some things up. Also I have never tried to use a warrenty claim before, this is getting worse day by day.

Last edited by durtyss; 03-21-2013 at 12:49 AM.