DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:267
Ahays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the rough
Default stupid mod bug

so as im sitting at home bored today thinking to myself what kinda project should i be doing today on my pick up as i wait on plastdip to arrive so i can do some other projects,and its to snowy out to give her a bath, I come across people putting LEDs behind the grill and thought what the heck that'll look pretty cool so to the electric and audio store i go! really happy with the results after i got everything rounded up it only took about an hour to install but at least it killed my afternoon!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Looks Great.. I love the look of the LED strip behind my grill.. It is a great different, cheap and easy mod to do.. Here is 2 pics of how mine turned.. went with white so it matched my 6000k HIDS. (My HID's are still cold in the picture).

Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

trucks look killer!

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:79
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

lookin good gentlemen
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Ahays63.. Did you wire yours into the lighting system or put onto its own switch?

Also some more LED ideas that you may be interested in.
LEDs strips running along the inside of the bedrails to a switch to light up the box.

And if you have a fold down cupholder with bench seats, could install tucked above the cupholders to give light to your drinks at night
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM

Ahays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the rough

yes i ran them off a switch into the cab...and i also plan on doing everything you mentioned today i just installed white leds under my driver and passenger in the footwell to light that up and sometime next week im gonna order about 10 of the 5mm individual bulbs to wire into the cup holder and some other places...havent decided where yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Ahays63.. Did you wire yours into the lighting system or put onto its own switch?

Also some more LED ideas that you may be interested in.
LEDs strips running along the inside of the bedrails to a switch to light up the box.

And if you have a fold down cupholder with bench seats, could install tucked above the cupholders to give light to your drinks at night
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahays63 View Post
yes i ran them off a switch into the cab...and i also plan on doing everything you mentioned today i just installed white leds under my driver and passenger in the footwell to light that up and sometime next week im gonna order about 10 of the 5mm individual bulbs to wire into the cup holder and some other places...havent decided where yet?
I have a spare 12 inch white led strip which I plan to put above the cupholder.. I have a pic off google the same as mine (except mine is clean). between the grey plastic back piece and the grey lip just below where the black starts, there is a space within the plastic where I could perfectly fit the 12 inch strip.. and I would still be capable of closing the cup holder perfectly.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...ray%20Down.jpg
I am gonna be ordering a lot of LED's soon.. and a bigger battery

Last edited by Canadian Hemi Pride; 03-27-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I have a spare 12 inch white led strip which I plan to put above the cupholder.. I have a pic off google the same as mine (except mine is clean). between the grey plastic back piece and the grey lip just below where the black starts, there is a space within the plastic where I could perfectly fit the 12 inch strip.. and I would still be capable of closing the cup holder perfectly.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...ray%20Down.jpg
I am gonna be ordering a lot of LED's soon.. and a bigger battery
if everything fits good let me know cause mine definetely needs some lighting in that area beings theres only one dome light in the whole truck...i was looking at doing a strip but i wasnt sure if the cupholder would close or not
Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahays63 View Post
if everything fits good let me know cause mine definetely needs some lighting in that area beings theres only one dome light in the whole truck...i was looking at doing a strip but i wasnt sure if the cupholder would close or not
My truck is just like that.. Have one crappy dome that only I can turn on with a switch.. I am hoping to do it soon, just want to let the weather get a bit better seeing as I got to use the garage to install the grill ones.. but parents are home from vacation... so the truck is back out in the cold.

I am also thinking about switching the dome for white LEDs.. but I have heard of some people having issues with them flickering and other wierd problems.. So I am going to investigate for sure.. For the cupholder LED.. I think all I am gonna do is connect it right up to the switch for the outside.. I am just unsure if I could connect 2 wires from the LEDs.. to the 2 from the switch.. Or i just gotta run the ground through the firewall to somewhere.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM

well heres a start to the inside