DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyp View Post
I have 3.92 and running 37's and I don't have any complaints....

The weight makes a difference, my wheel/tire combo weighs the same as the 35's and stock wheels I was running before.
weight plays a MAJOR roll in anything you can think of. this bit is based off my 2000 solid front axle, but I ran a aluminum 16x10 with 35/12.5s, no problem. stepped up to a full bedrock, two peace steel 16.5 rim with runflat tubes inside, rocking 37/12.5s. my 5 inch suspension rode rougher than I ever with the new setup, all because of that extra weight.

now with you guys with IFS concern, your slightly different than my solid front axle, but solids only flex so much themselves, and I spent many days in the black hills and Badlands of south Dakota with my truck and I managed a little rock crawling here and there. you'll be fine if you want to try some slight crawling. it's not like your building a bullet proof off road monster.

I had 3.55 gears and 37 or 35s on my tired old 318, there was still plenty of rip snort left in the truck. 3.92 on an newer 3rd gen engine with 37s, your still going to have some serious power.

I say go for it gents! lift and don't stop! if you feel underpowered, then you have some kind of idea about what you want to change later. can't stop Modding after all lol
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
BuckWild09 will become famous soon enough

ya if I can find some wheels and tires I like that are close in weight to a 35 then I without a doubt would run that setup. I seen the news pics of your rigs and it looks DAMMMN GOOD! 4.56 would be sick but im not willing to go that far. If the truck still got some giddy up to her ill be happy.. thats what i got my motocycle for!!

I live up here in Ohio so everything rusts so ill have to check Pro-comp out and maybe talk to one of their reps. I dont mind spendin a lil more for powder coat and kicker bars. But ive heard good things about both companies. If ya get a chance snap a pic of your CV's!!
Thanks for all the info man

3" Zone Body Lift--6" RCX-- Bils @ .5"-- 20x12 Fuel Hostages--37x13.5" Toyo MT
Old 04-02-2013, 03:33 PM

im gonna go for it!! 6" lift and find a lightweight 37x12.5 and rim. Keep it light as possible and raise her up to the sky. Like you said Double0 if i dont like it I know what I need to change and readjust my plan. I got the green light from the girl to do whatever I want to it..modding is limitless

Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

yyeeeeeeehawwwwwww
jack it up so the big girls can't get in
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Dirtyp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
yyeeeeeeehawwwwwww
haha, thats some funny shit....

also, crawled under the pass side to get a pic of the cv angle you were asking for Buckwild.....Pic was taken on the flat parking lot at work this afternoon...look pretty good huh?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckWild09 View Post
im gonna go for it!! 6" lift and find a lightweight 37x12.5 and rim. Keep it light as possible and raise her up to the sky. Like you said Double0 if i dont like it I know what I need to change and readjust my plan. I got the green light from the girl to do whatever I want to it..modding is limitless
right on man! stick with alloys and you'll be fine. steelies are cheap and all but sometimes without major suspension work your truck can't handle it. I fought death wobble with my 37s and those heavy beadlocks, and I lost. stepped back down to my stock tires. but that's just my problem with a 2g solid front axle.

don't worry about that nonsense anyways. mod the snot out of your truck and make it what you want it to be. I'll sure be watching to see the outcome!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM

Damn looks real good!! thats what my CV's look like right now with my 5100's on! Which pro comp kit is that?? on top gun customz they have stage 1 and stage 2 and ES and MX shocks. The stage 2 is like a grand more. Thanks DirtyP

ya im def gonna go alloy rather do it right the first time and spend the money. hopefully everything turns out good. Thanks for the advice Double0

Old 04-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Dirtyp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckWild09 View Post
Damn looks real good!! thats what my CV's look like right now with my 5100's on! Which pro comp kit is that?? on top gun customz they have stage 1 and stage 2 and ES and MX shocks. The stage 2 is like a grand more. Thanks DirtyP
I have the stage 1 kit, but I upgraded to the pro runner rear shocks. The shop gave me credit on the es shocks the kit comes with and i just had to pay the $80 difference for the pro runners. The pro runners are basically just pro comps version of the bilsteins.

I thought about the stage 2 kit with the coilovers, but with the ride height adjusable bilsteins up front it does the same thing for alot less money, and my truck really does ride awsome the way its sitting right now....
Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
yyeeeeeeehawwwwwww
I almost bought a massive sticker for my back window with that on it.. but closed in last second... might look foolish with my truck at stock height with damn wranglers donuts for tires still

And BuckWild09... Getting this green light means you must spend as much as possible, install as much as physically possible and mod beyond your wildest dreams before she clues into where else all the mod money could be going
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM

Ya i figure that the Stage1 would be just fine for me. The Bilstiens ride real nice on my truck now so id like to leave them on. and replace the back like you. I talked to some guys over at top gun customz and they reccommended the RCX over the Pro Comp. haha so i guess its a coin toss!

ohhh im runnin with this trust me!! she says "make it bad as hell" and i said okay haha ill be workin in the driveway all weekend and she brings me beer and food. Almost wonder if this is real life