DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:76
cal45 will become famous soon enough

Another big thanks to you, Grubrunner. I just ordered one last night and was going to have it installed by someone more mechanical than me - but after reading your write up and the instructions, I just may do this myself. I do know that it will probably take me longer than you to install this but that's what weekends are for, right

BTW, I was considering either a Vararam Air Grabber or the S&B and I am glad that I went with the S&B. If only I would have seen this thread sooner, it would have saved me some time on making my decision.

Last edited by cal45; 04-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbelar1500 View Post
Grubrunner; they also changed the location of there logo on the clear cover. The logo is right on the center of the cover.
Yeah, I know. I'm trying to get them to send me a new one.

You reading this Craig? ;]

Congratulations on your purchase.

Grub out!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Another big thanks to you, Grubrunner. I just ordered one last night and was going to have it installed by someone more mechanical than me - but after reading your write up and the instructions, I just may do this myself. I do know that it will probably take me longer than you to install this but that's what weekends are for, right

BTW, I was considering either a Vararam Air Grabber or the S&B and I am glad that I went with the S&B. If only I would have seen this thread sooner, it would have saved me some time on making my decision.
It's a very straightforward install. You'll see upon taking the plunge of the installation that everything falls into place nicely. Just take your time and drop me a PM or email [grubrunner15@gmail.com] if you have any questions.

Grub out!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Rep:76
cal45 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
It's a very straightforward install. You'll see upon taking the plunge of the installation that everything falls into place nicely. Just take your time and drop me a PM or email [grubrunner15@gmail.com] if you have any questions.

Thanks, Grubrunner - appreciate it. One question, maybe I'm just not seeing it but why is it necessary to drop the wheel liner for the install?

EDIT - Oops, nevermind. Just re-read the install directions from S&B and noticed steps 7 & 8.

Last edited by cal45; 04-04-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Thanks, Grubrunner - appreciate it. One question, maybe I'm just not seeing it but why is it necessary to drop the wheel liner for the install?

EDIT - Oops, nevermind. Just re-read the install directions from S&B and noticed steps 7 & 8.
I thought the same as first before I fully read over everything.. Install was very easy, only trouble I ran into was I had to adjust my HID balasts because it was in the way of the intake.. But that is my own fault, And Grubrunner does have probably the best detailed write up for this intake on the boards.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blizzack
Rep:11
AladdinSane is on a distinguished road

Had mine installed yesterday! Props to you Grubrunner for such a great review and unbiased info on these CAI

I had a local shop I trust do the install for me since I'm mechanically retarded....Wish I had done it myself though, re-reading all the instructions it could not have been too hard even for me!

I LOVE the look, throaty sound, increased response and hopefully just a tad better MPG. Worth the cost for the look and sound in my opinion

I somehow managed to get the clear cover with the S&B logo in the middle! Ordered from Auto Accessories Garage and gotta say I got a GREAT deal and free shipping to boot! First order from them and doubt it will be the last

WOOT WOOT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130404_185616.jpg (130.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130404_185628.jpg (130.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 PM

Grubrunner - If you have any issues getting the center logo top for your S&B and think both are the same fit let me know! I actually like the off center logo I'm in Maryland so we could just do a quick swap if ya want.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinSane View Post
Grubrunner - If you have any issues getting the center logo top for your S&B and think both are the same fit let me know! I actually like the off center logo I'm in Maryland so we could just do a quick swap if ya want.
That's very nice of you but let me tell you all how the folkes at S&B Intakes roll.....

Craig at S&B Intakes sent me an email the morning after I mentioned the logo thing in reply 182. He hadn't been on the forums for quite some time and just happened to be on shortly after I posted my reply. What was the email's contents? After reading my reply, it was a shipping notification of a new intake plexiglass cover with the S&B logo in the center!

A company that listens to its customers requests and THEN takes action??? Like dinosaur droppings in this day-n-age, isn't it?

Like I've mentioned on these boards in the past: Anybody and everybody will kiss your behind, promise the world and whisper sweet nothings in your ear B4 you purchase the product in the hope of making the sale. It's what happens AFTER the sale that matters.

That's how S&B rolls.

You're more than happy to have my "old" plexiglass cover with the logo off-center, as I'll have no need for it once I get my new one [this week some time]. PM me your shipping details and I'll get it off to you after I get mine.

Because of your generous offer, I'll cover shipping.

Grub out!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
That's very nice of you but let me tell you all how the folkes at S&B Intakes roll.....

Craig at S&B Intakes sent me an email the morning after I mentioned the logo thing in reply 182. He hadn't been on the forums for quite some time and just happened to be on shortly after I posted my reply. What was the email's contents? After reading my reply, it was a shipping notification of a new intake plexiglass cover with the S&B logo in the center!

A company that listens to its customers requests and THEN takes action??? Like dinosaur droppings in this day-n-age, isn't it?

Like I've mentioned on these boards in the past: Anybody and everybody will kiss your behind, promise the world and whisper sweet nothings in your ear B4 you purchase the product in the hope of making the sale. It's what happens AFTER the sale that matters.

That's how S&B rolls.

You're more than happy to have my "old" plexiglass cover with the logo off-center, as I'll have no need for it once I get my new one [this week some time]. PM me your shipping details and I'll get it off to you after I get mine.

Because of your generous offer, I'll cover shipping.

I appreciate that offer Grubs but if you don't need it I'll keep what I have I'm loving it so far...Not too loud but unlike some others have said it is VERY noticeable when you push the pedal a bit. I smile when I start from a dead stop or push it a bit to pass someone on the highway. Not offensive at all but you can hear and feel the airflow!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport CC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
BOWERSFJ is on a distinguished road

Well, thanks to finding this thread, I've made my decision on which CAI to go with. Just one question. Has there been any more communication with S&B on the issue of the coupler between the airbox and the tube being too short, brought up by LoneWolfNY in posts 137, 140, and 141 ? Or has this been deemed a non-issue at this point ?