DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I can only speak for myself as a dealership technician. Unless I know someone was really running their engine ragged and abusing it, I wouldn't say a word to Chrysler about mods like a tuner, headers or even a mild cam.
^^^^This is great advice. That and just treat your techs and service manager with respect. I have purchased three vehicles from my local dealership and have no issue taking my vehicles to them. They have never tattled on me for a tuner or intake/exhaust, hell they loved the fact i switched to selectable hubs in my 2500. You treat them with respect and they will do the same. My service manager went as far as to call me and reschedule an appointment because a Chrysler rep was around auditing/observing and he didnt want anyone to have any warranty issue.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran101010 View Post
Well if this is going to happen i'll probably be the first one, if it is due to mds mode, I specifically drive in mds mode to save gas I always average 18 mpg in new jersey traffic so we'll see.
Well, if there is any connection to driving in mds and the failure, I will continue to drive mine in manual mode which I have been doing for awhile now and no detriment to gas mileage that is worth mentioning. Hopefully nobody has to deal with the failure with their truck. Sorry to hear about all the challengers though. That is really disheartening
Old 12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 challenger 5.7 rt
Trim Level: R/T J
Color: Blue
Rep:10
MarksMann is on a distinguished road
Default I believe this is true and heres why

Last Saturday I was on vacation with the wife headed up to Estes Park Colorado. While driving up interstate 25, my car went boom at 75 miles per hour just outside of Denver in a little town called Castle Rock. For a split second I thought I had hit something. A quick glance at the dash revealed a bunch of lights on......including the check engine light. Rpm was still up but giving throttle and no response. Throwed her in neutral and coasted off the interstate into a phillips 66. It was 6 degrees outside at 4pm......sun getting low. Walked to a hotel........ freezing cold and the wind was howling...... and had the car towed to a local dodge dealer. Two nights of cabin fever with nothing to do....... only to find out that my TIMING CHAIN BROKE CAUSING CATASTROPHIC ENGINE FAILURE!!!! Had to rent a car to drive back home. My car is still in Colorado. Its going to cost me 5300.00 out the door! My car is bone stock. No tuners or nothing. She had 110,000 miles on her. I missed my 5 year inspection anniversary by 7 days.........thus voiding my lifetime powertrain warranty. This should not have happened period! Oil changed every 3000 miles with mobile one.....I swear it. This car is my baby. Why in the #%!! did the timing chain break. I feel completely ripped off and I DID NOT GET MY MONEY'S WORTH OUT OF THAT ENGINE. My check engine light has never come on......she ran beautifully until that last catastrophic second. 2009 Challenger R/T Auto. I was in mds mode cruising when this happened.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:221
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

Post this up on Challenger forum. There is a long running thread on this in the mechanical problems section. It's BS they won't cover it, the inspection wouldn't have caught the problem.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry
Rep:531
Flatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone had this issue in their truck or is it limited to the challengers?

2014 Laramie QC 4x4, tan interior, 3.92's, sport hood, customized Moto Metal wheels & AT tires, LineX bed, rockers and fender flares, K&N Filter, cabin filter, "black ice" grill inserts, Putco bed rails, RollBac tonneau cover, LED bed lights, Mufflex 14" with Mufflex resonator and stock resonators, Moroso catch can and a "matching" 2008 special edition "Will Cooksey" Z06 - #139 of 505.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie Quad Cab
Color: White over Silver
Rep:16
DoubleIrish is on a distinguished road

Buy stock in the outfits that sell the extended warranties, eh?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Rep:487
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure glad Chrysler tech's don't have to sign a confidentiality agreement when they start working.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***
Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:221
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

From what I know, its mostly Challengers. I was thinking Ramtech said they had a Durango with the problem. It also appears its the 2009 and 2010 Challengers with the problem.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:519
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Also curious about any updates or info as to whether or not this issue ever showed up in the 4th gen Rams. If so, was there a fix implemented? What was it? And when was it implemented to prevent newer vehicles from experiencing the failure?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

subscribed.................
Closed Thread