DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6 Liter Pentastar V6

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6 Liter Pentastar V6 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 3.6-liter V6 engine - 305 horsepower, 265 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Western Brown
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:33
blackrain86 is on a distinguished road

Wow that is extremely fast! I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and its still in D. I can't wait until mine is done, but truly it works best for me the longer I wait (to a point). I get to pay off my old car (now the fiances) and the last of my credit card. Now its just two mortgages... the house and truck... haha
Old 03-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:10
PentaRam is on a distinguished road

I got the v6 because I needed a truck but also wanted halfway decent fuel mileage. Don't get me wrong, I love the HEMI in my wife's Jeep Commander but it sure is thirsty.
This pentastar v6 with 8 speed fits my needs very well and the performance is surprisingly good.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: Looking at 2013 Ram 1500
xmanofsteel is on a distinguished road

I just moved to a very Rural area from a large city (from the GTA in Ontario to Northern Saskatchewan) and I bought the V6, and EVERYONE and their grandmother is constantly bugging me about how the V6 is a city folks way of trying to fit in...jerks, lol
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota
Color: Black
Engine: 1992-1991 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 180hp
Rep:11
GuyGene is on a distinguished road

The Pentastar is looking better and better to me!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpinsc58 View Post
hey hey ur missing a gearshift lever jack or did it break off when u was holding on for dear life when u mashed down the go pedal HA HA HA
Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 1500
Trim Level: Big Horrn
Color: Maximum Steel
wedoo2 is on a distinguished road

I got my Penstar / 8 speed yesterday and apparently they are still a bit rare out there. My initial reaction is that the truck has plenty of power, and I traded off a 2002 with a small V-8. It does seem to shift a lot but the shifts are very smooth. I can't verify any mileage figures other than what is appearing on the dash and that is over 21 when I'm under 70.

I have the Big Horn with 4 X 4 and the truck is very smooth for what driving I have done so far. The interior is beautiful and seems to be very well crafted. But then I just bought a $40,000.00 truck and it better be good. The road sound volume is nice and low, the truck handles bumps like it should, and better than any other truck I've driven. It is not to be confused with a Lexus, but then I can't haul mulch in one of those either.

I may regret having only the Uconnect 5 instead of the 8, but the motor / transmission / options that were on this truck can be tricky to find without ordering one from the factory. Especially in a 4 X 4. Four dealers were looking. The shift knob is going to take a while to get used to but it does clean up the dash.

The cloth seats are very comfortable and wrap around you like a leather seat does. My wife vetoed leather. The center arm rest is great. It also has the cover over that big storage space on the passenger side and I like that. Just seemed like a big hole there on the other trucks I was in and too easy to just throw things in and looking trashy. I haven't tried to stand in the engine compartment yet but there is room to work.

I doubt that I'll mod the truck much as it seems to have everything I need, and more. I restore motorcycles and get my mod jones out on them. It does need a step rail and I could use input on what to buy. It is a lot farther up there than my 2002 was. Ugh.

I can recommend the V-6, but it just makes sense if you haul around a big boat or heavy RV it would be smoother with a bigger motor. I don't. Trailers would be absolutely no problem. It also stands to reason that I will get better mileage with this motor and that is why I bought it. No brainer for me. This truck is beautiful, rides great, has plenty of power and enough gadgets to keep a guy entertained and others envious.

There is my small review.

Last edited by wedoo2; 04-12-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Color: Copperhead Pearl
azsquid is on a distinguished road

Ordered a V6 Outdoorsman crew cab last Saturday.

I've been driving a Honda Ridgeline with a 3.5L V6 for the past 6 1/2 years with 3800 mile round trip from AZ to WI every year. The 3.5L towed a 17ft fishing boat and motor just fine, so I don't expect towing to be an issue with the Pentastar.

I couldn't justify ordering the Hemi except to support the oil industry.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Color: Western Brown
Rep:33
blackrain86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsquid View Post
Ordered a V6 Outdoorsman crew cab last Saturday.

I've been driving a Honda Ridgeline with a 3.5L V6 for the past 6 1/2 years with 3800 mile round trip from AZ to WI every year. The 3.5L towed a 17ft fishing boat and motor just fine, so I don't expect towing to be an issue with the Pentastar.

I couldn't justify ordering the Hemi except to support the oil industry.
I am picking up my ordered outdoorsman V6 either tomorrow or Monday. I am in the Eau Claire area of WI. Where do you travel to in WI and where did you order your truck at? AZ or WI?
Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: Ram1500
Rep:14
moulin6801 is on a distinguished road
Default want V6, bought a Hemi....

Even though I said that I wanted a V6 for 3 month, just bought the hemi...reasons
1- test drove v6 4x4 at 65mph got 23mpg, great, than drove hemi 8 speed 4x4 same conditions got 21 mpg! Since I really like the laramie leather, 8" Uconnect and hate the v6 bench seat, I put $3k more and got the hemi for $39 K
Anyways, awesome trucks, loving my 8speed!!
Cheers!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Color: Copperhead Pearl
azsquid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain86 View Post
I am picking up my ordered outdoorsman V6 either tomorrow or Monday. I am in the Eau Claire area of WI. Where do you travel to in WI and where did you order your truck at? AZ or WI?
Going to the Wautoma area. May be coming through your area on the way.

I ordered it in Prescott, AZ at York Dodge. Seem to be a great dealer. No pressure, very fair trade in, didn't push dealer installed options.

I thought of ordering when I got to WI to save sales tax 5.5% VS 9.35% but I found that when I register it in AZ they would get me for the difference in tax.

I want to get a hard tonneau cover. Trying to decide between the Tonno Pro Hard and the Bak Flip VP. Any opinion?