DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
i dunno..with the other things you said, I would do a 5 x 11 x 22" magnaflow... you mention family, professional and clients... I use to run a 50 series flowmaster and i was almost embarrassed to have passengers unless they liked to hear exhaust... when I installed a 22", from the outside it almost sounds the same as the shorter mufflers but incab it is about half the the sound and resonance but you could still hear it..
I agree with Fred. The 5x11x22 is the same muffler used in the magnaflow catback. It’s PN# is 12588 and when you delete the resonators its sounds fantastic. There is zero drone in the cab and the exterior sound is pure motor music. My wife was really worried about interior noise after hearing buddies 14” on his 2012 quad cab.

Hearing the truck started for the first time she roller her eyes and wasn’t impressed (which is a good thing ) until she hopped in the passenger seat and went for a spin. She was shocked at how quiet it was in the truck for how loud it is on the exterior… based on your concerns the 5x11x22 with a resonator delete is definitely my recommendation since it is the best of both worlds.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 04-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 13 Ram Big Horn
Rep:26
13bighorn is on a distinguished road

22 is sounding like a good idea too!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

I think the difference with this muffler is the case size. It’s a 5x11 instead of a 5x9 which allows them to stuff a little more packing in there to help keep the sound in the pipes instead of reverberating through the truck. I’m unfortunately technology challenged and don’t own a video camera, otherwise I’d happily post a sound clip on here so others can hear my set up. However if you youtube the Magnaflow Catback they’re virtually identical.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps