DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Well, I tamed the dragon(again) This trip is too much fun...

I ran it in the truck just for shits and giggles lol:

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...po=331&pc=2271

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...po=332&pc=2271

Then in the bike a million times:

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...po=354&pc=1499

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...&po=175&pc=391

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...po=965&pc=2124

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...po=969&pc=2124

http://xtremesportsphotography.photo...o=4708&pc=4984

http://store.129slayer.com/large_thu...54DAVE1178.JPG

Sorry for links but I haven't actually purchased any yet. All in all I rode pretty conservatively due to the fact that my two friends that rode up with me both wrecked at the beginning. One guy earned the name "flipper" as his bike is the only one that I've watched go flipping off a cliff right in front of me(which is pretty cool to watch when it's not yours, actually) lol.

They are both fine, not even really scraped up or anything hardly at all. Both bikes are basically fine too.

The truck pulled good, it was a decent load for the truck in the mountains but was never low on power. Sagged a bit due to the lower springs, but was fine. I was too lazy to swap back to the stock springs. I got an avg of just over 12mpg holding about 65-75mph the whole way.

We already booked a room for next year

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

nice man. those look great.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Thats one Sweet 4.7l, nice truck
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

what's funny is that in those corners it looks like I'm going about 50mph but I'm really only going like 15mph lol. It's hard to throw a huge truck through the corners. I got passed in a corner by a Honda CRV soccer mom haha. In my defense, we had coolers of beer in the bed that we didn't want to spill

Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
what's funny is that in those corners it looks like I'm going about 50mph but I'm really only going like 15mph lol. It's hard to throw a huge truck through the corners. I got passed in a corner by a Honda CRV soccer mom haha. In my defense, we had coolers of beer in the bed that we didn't want to spill
Coolers of beer is a great excuse
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM

So back on topic (ish)....

I think I'll be making long tube headers for my truck next along with the ram air scoop that I've been talking about forever. Maybe reverse order... The scoop is dependant on my friend since he has the TIG so whenever that happens it happens.

I'm also wanting to put LED lights in the brake lights. I just have limited knowledge on this so need to do some research...

In line with that I'm wanting to make an integrated turn signal LED tail light for the buell. I'll also be doing the muffler soon on the buell and ceramic the entire exhaust black.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
So back on topic (ish)....

I think I'll be making long tube headers for my truck next along with the ram air scoop that I've been talking about forever. Maybe reverse order... The scoop is dependant on my friend since he has the TIG so whenever that happens it happens.

I'm also wanting to put LED lights in the brake lights. I just have limited knowledge on this so need to do some research...

In line with that I'm wanting to make an integrated turn signal LED tail light for the buell. I'll also be doing the muffler soon on the buell and ceramic the entire exhaust black.
Hey Jack! while you're working on those headers there's a exhaust system needing some minor modification

LED's in the tail lights is easy to do, I'm interested in that Buell set up too
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 PM

^what do you want done with your exhaust? Let's plan a day for you to come up. We can do your exhaust and my LEDs

Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 AM

As long as it's a Sunday lol I'm trying to
A. Take off the cats and hallow them out to a straight through design, turn off rear O2's
B. Remove muffler, and weld in a piece of straight pipe in place, as well as my Magnaflow Y Pipe to replace that stock pinched POS lol buy all the LED's you want I'll install those, I have 2 18" bars that I need to install behind the grille as well.

Back when I tried removing the cats the first time (pipe wouldn't break free from the muffler) I started the truck up running just shorties and my god did I fall in love with that sound lol S now I'm trying to make the whole system as straight through as possible
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 AM

wow that's a good amount of work. yeah the y pipe is pretty much fused together, you have to remove at the muffler.