DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
jj ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj ram View Post
It's going into to the dealer week after next. They should cover it under powertrain warranty if everybody else seems to cover. I love working with a dealership
Dealer fixed it under the powertrain warranty, but as I guessed it was a bit of...

They had no service history of maintaince on my truck because I took it to third party quick oil changing places or did it myself, never to a rip off dealer. They also said I didn't do the spark plug replacement at 50 K. I was planning on doing it myself soon, but hadn't yet. They wanted receipt proof I did the oil changes, and would have wanted receipts if I changed the plugs myself. Since I couldn't they wanted the plugs changed before they would fix the manifold, even though it had nothing to with each other.... ugggghhh.... I complied with the money hungry buggers so I could get my truck back without booking another appointment, but that seems to be what you get when you ask them to fix something that is owed to you by a warranty without given them any of your money....
Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Dealer fixed it under the powertrain warranty, but as I guessed it was a bit of...

They had no service history of maintaince on my truck because I took it to third party quick oil changing places or did it myself, never to a rip off dealer. They also said I didn't do the spark plug replacement at 50 K. I was planning on doing it myself soon, but hadn't yet. They wanted receipt proof I did the oil changes, and would have wanted receipts if I changed the plugs myself. Since I couldn't they wanted the plugs changed before they would fix the manifold, even though it had nothing to with each other.... ugggghhh.... I complied with the money hungry buggers so I could get my truck back without booking another appointment, but that seems to be what you get when you ask them to fix something that is owed to you by a warranty without given them any of your money....
Isnt the 50, 000km spark plug change a "suggested interval" ? I think everyone that has gone over that number and pulled a spark plug have indicated that the plugs looked in perfect shape. I would think they should have pulled a plug to satisfy that scenario. I am scratching my head why they insist the plugs being done first before performing un-related warranty work. The bottom line I suppose, you got your plugs done now. I just traded my 2010 in about 3 weeks ago and the odometer just rolled over on 60, 000km and I hadn't done the plugs either, the truck was running perfect. I was planning on doing them at about 80, 000km.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Brown/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
txrobtrx will become famous soon enough

Mine went on for a while before I saw it on the forums here - dealer fixed it with no problem and said he had done a bunch of them
Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:10
future1344 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseMan View Post
Does anyone know if this problem is still an issue with 2012 and 2013 models?
Hi there,

I have a 2012 Ram Sport and I think I am having the same issue , it just started tonight!

I have 23 000km

.....the truck is now at the dealer

Thanks!

Last edited by future1344; 04-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew cab
Color: White
Biffster2010 is on a distinguished road

I also have the broken exhaust manifold bolts, Dodge informed me yesterday that it would not be covered due to my mileage, sounds like Dodge really has an issue on this. What really sucks more is that the rear view mirror on the driver side somehow got water in the puddle light now it doesn't work. Also I'm having to put up with the guy at the office that owns a Tundra saying you should of bought a Toyota over and over when he hears my truck start.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by future1344 View Post
Hi there,

I have a 2012 Ram Sport and I think I am having the same issue , it just started tonight!

I have 23 000km

.....the truck is now at the dealer

Thanks!
Any word on your 2012 bud?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

Quote:

im sorry but i would trust a dealer way more than a quick oil change place ive heard to many oh my oil filter fell off or my drain plug is stripped after going to a 15 min place hell ive even heard some dont even change the filter just shine it up
Old 02-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram sport
Haywirejimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Tick

The issue does affect 2012. I have a2012 sport. 42,000 and it ticks. Dealer said it's normal for hemi to tick.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:17 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

The "fix" is headers and free flowing exhaust.
My 09 is doing this for the 3rd time. (1st 2 dealer repaired) It's now past warranty so it's getting jba's

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:38
balki420 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to resurface this, but can anyone tell me if you can easily check for this busted bolt? Mine definitely has a 'mild' tick at start-up that goes away a few minutes later, but I'm not sure if it's just lifter noise while oil gets circulating, or this bolt issue. If I can check it myself, then I'd feel more confident going into the dealer, as mine typically gives me the gears on stuff.
Is it visible, if it isn't how hard is it to get at to see it? If you can see it, is it sheared right off an missing, or just cracked? Help a dummy out?
Thanks!