DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:57
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

That is too much, now even oil change places want a tip. Hell no. I don't tip the guy at the tire shop for a balance and rotate. I don't tip my friend who own a Midas for giving me a good deal. At a resterant a tip is the norm that's why they can work for less than min wage at most. I always tip 15% for normal service and 20 for a great server. I will always leave a dollar or 2 for not so great service unless the waiter is just a lazy ass then nothing. Oil change workers get paid a normal hourly rate. Hell I paint cars and no one usually ever tips me.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

they only get paid 9 bucks an hour what you expect
Old 04-27-2013, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
So, I'm typically a good tipper when it comes to restaurant service. My fiancee things I tip too much, but if the service is bad I won't tip at all. But, That's not the point of this thread though.

I went in for an oil change last week to a drive-thru Jiffy Lube while I was out of town and when it came to paying for the work, they had a tip option you couldn't work around on the card machine. There was no "Add Tip" request, it was just a $ or % option. I have never seen a tip option at any oil change place and I don't feel that there should be.

I didn't add a tip because I don't feel that something like an oil change warrants a tip. They did not do any extra service for me, hell they didn't even check if all my lights were working (had fiddled with HIDs earlier and one wasn't working). While I was pulling out I know the one tech looked for how much the tip was and was obviously pissed that there was nothing.

To me, a tip is warranted under situations such as restaurants/pubs where someone has to take an active approach to keep me satisfied.

I'm curious to know what people would do in this situation. If there is a tip option, do you feel pressured into adding a tip?
I agree tipping restaurants/bars things like that where the service is more personal may warrant a tip if the service is good. I was insulted when I went to a restaurant and only after I received the bill (I hadn't paid yet) did i notice that a tip was already included on the bill. I asked the server what that was about he stated that it's standard that the bill included a 15% tip and the final price would reflect that.

When I went to pay with my card, the woman at the cash asked if I wanted to leave a tip and I decided against it just for that reason. I dont believe a restaurant should try and decide how much tip I should leave.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rango88 View Post
I agree tipping restaurants/bars things like that where the service is more personal may warrant a tip if the service is good. I was insulted when I went to a restaurant and only after I received the bill (I hadn't paid yet) did i notice that a tip was already included on the bill. I asked the server what that was about he stated that it's standard that the bill included a 15% tip and the final price would reflect that.

When I went to pay with my card, the woman at the cash asked if I wanted to leave a tip and I decided against it just for that reason. I dont believe a restaurant should try and decide how much tip I should leave.
I'm the same, I have a horrid dislike for restaurant that forces the tip on you. I will determine the tip based on service, and I tend to tip on the high side. Great service is worth giving a big tip IMO.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Express CC 4x4
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:122
Joekrooz will become famous soon enoughJoekrooz will become famous soon enough

This is so funny. My wife and I just had a conversation at dinner tonite about the tip jars that are everywhere, deli, ice cream shop, take out. I told her I was gonna mount a five gallon bucket on my landscape work truck and see if anyone will tip.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Well you guys do realize with the new laws that were passed alot of people are not getting more then 30-35 hours a week now so employers dont have to pay benefits so alot of folks like single moms and shit need to get 2 jobs so dropping a buck here and there wont kill any one.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:108
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Well you guys do realize with the new laws that were passed alot of people are not getting more then 30-35 hours a week now so employers dont have to pay benefits so alot of folks like single moms and shit need to get 2 jobs so dropping a buck here and there wont kill any one.
Unless U are the one working 2 jobs with those reduced hrs.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunnerseoinc View Post
Unless U are the one working 2 jobs with those reduced hrs.
Huh no i was just saying since obama passed that law alot of folks are screwed but i agree if you get shitty service then no tip but i think all the times ive been waited on ive had maybe 2 bad experiences

I wish i only worked 30 hours lol
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:31
mswift is on a distinguished road

Non restaurant type places I do not tip.... restaurants I tip fairly well depending on the service... and my bar that I frequent normally gets at least a 50-60% most of the time closer to 100% depending on how much my tab is.... But when you take care of your bar tender they ALWAYS take care of you

This truck is sponsered by
https://bullysperformance.com/
Check out there website for great mods at a great price
-Mike-
My work number is 911
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 81 91 93 dodge
Rep:11
crazzywolfie is on a distinguished road

so you don't tip the person who cuts your hair?