DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough
Default Did Dodge stop making the RAM R/T?

I met a guy who has worked at a local Dodge Dealer for many years who told me Dodge stopped making the Ram R/T's as they were too costly to produce. I know I've read posts on here where people are talking about 2013 R/T Rams so I'm wondering if maybe Dodge just stopped making as many of the R/T's as they were and if they are just focusing on specific markets?

I can say that I've had my 2010 RAM R/T for 3 years and I've NEVER.....EVER seen another one on the road! I get questions, stares, and compliments on mine all the time. I'm in Southern Cali if that makes any difference. Anyway, i'm just curious if Dodge has cut back production on the R/T's and are just focusing in certain areas or if 2013 is the absolute last year they're gonna make the Ram R/T?
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

No they are still making them
Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I hear what you're saying. I can count on one hand the number of RT's I've seen over the years.

But when I do, I have to reach for a Kleenex.

Grub out!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 04 Ram 2500 4x4 RCLB 13 Ram RT
Trim Level: SLT, RT
Color: Atlantic Blue/Silver, Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:39
Brians RT is on a distinguished road

I just picked up my R/T a month ago. I dont think they make many. I wonder how many they make a year?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

Yeah it's definitely interesting. This guy has worked at Dodge for many years but he may of gotten some misinformation. He was adamant the cost to produce the R/T was much higher then most of the other fleet of Dodge Trucks. I own an R/T and can see how that would definitely be true.

I'm thinking he's right on the cost to produce the R/T but clearly (as you all have stated) they're still manufacturing them in some quantity. Whatever the quantity is, they are definitely limited. I'm in Southern Cali and nothing at all comes up anywhere around me for Ram R/T's. So i'm thinking maybe Dodge is focusing on specific markets and sending most of the R/T Ram's to those markets. I know the majority of people that own R/T's on this forum seem to be in Canada, so I wouldn't doubt that's DCX's main market for Ram RT's.

On the other hand, there are Ram 1500 Expresses all over the place by the dozens. Of course when comparing the Express to an R/T...well...there is no comparison.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

I have been trying to order a '13 Ram R/T for almost 2 months now. I think your market specific theory is correct. There are only like 8 or 9 for sale in the whole state of Indiana. O have found them mostly in TN, NC, and TX. I am afraid only certain dealers even have access to them.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Being that you can get an express significantly cheaper than an RT, I think the express is stealing sales from the RT. I know they are not the same, but the main differences are bells and whistles and that's pretty much it.

My friend has an RT and it's a nice truck but he admits if he would have known the express was coming out in a few months he would have bought it instead.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:57
Rambunkshuss will become famous soon enough

The price of the R/T trucks usually dictates the sale of them.
An Express with a R/T badge in the grill looks the same as a real R/T @ 60mph.
(with exception to the hood, & cheap plastic chrome 22inch rim covers on the R/T)

So, is the real R/T trucks worth the extra money they want for them...??? Nope, not to me. I dont see the point in spending ALOT more money for: a challenger looking hood, a higher stall torque convertor, 4.10 gears in a shortbox 2 wheel drive truck & worthless 22inch tires and cheap garbage plastic "cladded" wheel covers. (mine pitted/corroded/peeled the first year, chrysler wouldnt do anything to fix them either) And also not to mention, ther are hardly any decent selection of tires for this R/T truck either. Ther are R/T trucks sitting on dealer lots here, they aren`t selling very many of them here. When people see the price tags, they opt for the hemi express 99.9 out of 100 times. When it comes down to the R/T trucks, they`re over priced, not much of a market for them. It really wouldnt surprise me at all if they did discontinue them soon, BUT, yes, they are still making them.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Being that you can get an express significantly cheaper than an RT, I think the express is stealing sales from the RT. I know they are not the same, but the main differences are bells and whistles and that's pretty much it.

My friend has an RT and it's a nice truck but he admits if he would have known the express was coming out in a few months he would have bought it instead.
The biggest thing for me about the R/T is the nicer interior amenities. I like the full center console with floor shifter, 8.4 touchscreen, 4.10 gears, the IP cluster with the 7" TFT display, keyless enter n go, and I am sure there are a few more I am forgetting.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
The biggest thing for me about the R/T is the nicer interior amenities. I like the full center console with floor shifter, 8.4 touchscreen, 4.10 gears, the IP cluster with the 7" TFT display, keyless enter n go, and I am sure there are a few more I am forgetting.
Yeah just depends on the person. Like I said, it's all bells and whistles. I personally actually would prefer column shift and bench seat. I don't know what a 8.4 touchscreen, IP cluster, or 7" TFT display are. My SLT has the nicest radio I've ever had in a car with cd/sirius satellite radio/aux input(and I think it's the "worst" radio they offer). 4.10 gears and the converter yes I'd like to have, but not for the price tag.

I don't even like the sport APPEARANCE hood either, looks good on the cars but personally think it looks a bit odd on the truck. I also don't like leather. The cloth and vinyl are nice, the vinyl is actually REALLY nice looking, I wish I had it in my SLT instead of the cloth.

I'm not usually a fan of large wheels, but I do like the 22" wheels, they are sharp, but tires are surely pricey...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.