DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Rep:10
rutrowlb is on a distinguished road
Default Tail gate problem

I finally took of my tail gate what a nightmare to put back in. Have a backup camera to that makes it worse. But took camera off and will leave it off

looking for some help to deal with the tail gate. Is there a way to machine the pin holder so it works like the older dodges. Any one see a aftermarket tail gate that is more for rec., work or for campers

I sure the tail gate is no problem for the city folk. but its a nightmare to put back in place. Feel sorry for anyone else that buys on and expects a regular pick up truck
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My '09 tailgate with the backup camera comes off & goes on easily
i just unplug the camera wiring where it comes out of bottom of the tailgate first, there is a connector right there, just for tailgate removal

i had to replace my tailgate, a tree attacked it
in this picture, i had disconnected the wiring from the camera itself, while waiting for the new tailgate, the other connector is there too, the connector from the tailgate to under the bed, i didn't take a close up to allow you to see it though

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I pulled mine off last weekend, have a camera and the keyless lock on it, and the easy down shock, was actually not so hard to remove, when your alone lining it up to put it back on is not easy as the pin is a rectangle. But all in all I did not find it to hard to remove.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Rep:10
rutrowlb is on a distinguished road

if you use your truck for rec or work the tail gate is very difficult to put back alone! I could do my old dodge in 5 seconds. I dont care about the camera took that part out and will leave it out. I am trying to find a machine shop to machine the slot holder into a round shape.

I dropped the end of the tail gate several times now puting it back on. Was talking to the dealer mech they said they never every try to do it without two people. I think i own a wanna be truck compared to the older models