DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
On a side note I picked my truck up from the Dealer Monday after the whole tranny dumping debacle.....just don't feel the same anymore, that has to do with all my performance stuff gone.
Just a thought I was thinking alot about the fiasco with you and Dave about his tune killing your tranny. Well I have a theory. You said you had burnt up clutches correct. Normal y those dont happen unless tranny slips alot. And since you had a 3000 stall and a hemifever tune which doesnt involve alot of tranny tuning in it. Made me think with all the extra power you were making you pretty much was still running a basic trans tune. Which has tge tranny shift softer for comfort reasons which in return can burn clutches up. I dont tgink you were noticing the slipping in the trans because or the stall you have. So when you add his tune which required harder shifts. Pretty much just crapped shoot your trans because of all the previous wear and tear. The solenoids could go out from all the extra work it had to make up from the burnt clutches. Yah he had a tune that ultimately killed the trans. But I have a feeling that your trans was close to going out before his tune. I know you said the trans didnt give you signs of going out. But most trans dont when they have a stall in them. Hard to tell whats a slip or the stall working. I dont know just me thinking out loud

Last edited by dusterman; 05-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Also if you want a little more trans insurance look at the ATS Copilot i havent seen anyone use one but every little bit can help. Its very pricey for $1,175 for the 68RFE and $800 545RFE.

68RFE: http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...0+-Dodge-68RFE

545RFE: http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...332999&x=Dodge HEMI_4th-Gen_Transmission-Electronics

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 05-02-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

I guess Dave told you to say this or did yall come of this theory together? He's ignored my e-mails for the last 3 weeks and now he's got his fan boys coming up with theory's LOL if someone isn't guilty don't you think they would at least defend themselves? Of course he probably told you this is the first time this have every happened with his tuning but do a little research and you'll find that number is going on double digits.

On to the Hemifever tune I didn't have a basic tranny tune or a basic engine to from him, everything was custom, How do you think I'm the only 4gen bolt on CC to this day to run in the 13s..... So how are you trying to imply that? Hell I never even paid Sean a dime and he even paid for my dyno time to hammer my tune down, so I think my tune is a bit more extensive than just a basic tune your claiming I had.

So yall can scrap that theory you two made up because I didn't have slipping, any warning signs of failure until I put a tune from Dave on April 1st with increased line pressure (too much as reported by the dealership scanners), I'm sure with a lot of Torque managenment removed (which also show up on the scanners as elevated torque levels and I could burn rubber from all hell), also 4th gear lockout was included......4 days later on April 5th my tranny dumps with a tuner pointer his finger at me, then ignores me, and haven't heard from him since even after telling him what the dealership told me. That pretty much sealed it for me.

All I'm saying let your conscience be you guide. At least I'm sure he learned from his mistakes because it's not like tuning has been out long for us 2011s and up and those guys are still discovering the capabilities/ limits they can push these trucks with the limited parameters diablo has for them right now. Which apparently isn't to far and that's why I chose to invest my time/mod money to something a little smarter......12k isn't alot of money either because I spent close to that on this truck from appearance / performance things and look where it got me....in the 13s but with a broken tranny. LOL
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Oh dang!

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
I guess Dave told you to say this or did yall come of this theory together? He's ignored my e-mails for the last 3 weeks and now he's got his fan boys coming up with theory's LOL if someone isn't guilty don't you think they would at least defend themselves? Of course he probably told you this is the first time this have every happened with his tuning but do a little research and you'll find that number is going on double digits.

On to the Hemifever tune I didn't have a basic tranny tune or a basic engine to from him, everything was custom, How do you think I'm the only 4gen bolt on CC to this day to run in the 13s..... So how are you trying to imply that? Hell I never even paid Sean a dime and he even paid for my dyno time to hammer my tune down, so I think my tune is a bit more extensive than just a basic tune your claiming I had.

So yall can scrap that theory you two made up because I didn't have slipping, any warning signs of failure until I put a tune from Dave on April 1st with increased line pressure (too much as reported by the dealership scanners), I'm sure with a lot of Torque managenment removed (which also show up on the scanners as elevated torque levels and I could burn rubber from all hell), also 4th gear lockout was included......4 days later on April 5th my tranny dumps with a tuner pointer his finger at me, then ignores me, and haven't heard from him since even after telling him what the dealership told me. That pretty much sealed it for me.

All I'm saying let your conscience be you guide. At least I'm sure he learned from his mistakes because it's not like tuning has been out long for us 2011s and up and those guys are still discovering the capabilities/ limits they can push these trucks with the limited parameters diablo has for them right now. Which apparently isn't to far and that's why I chose to invest my time/mod money to something a little smarter......12k isn't alot of money either because I spent close to that on this truck from appearance / performance things and look where it got me....in the 13s but with a broken tranny. LOL

Your accusing me of planning against you with dave. I havent talked to him for over a month. And I got over 10 different tunes on my computer from him and tried them all. And yet to have one problem. I had my own theought not a theory. Not his. And no im not a fanboy. Im never a fan boy of anything except sports. I dont take anyones sides except my own. So accuseing me of being a fanboy of a tuner. Is idiotic. Is he a good tuner.. yes. Is hemifever a good tuner.. yes though I havent had his tunes but still might grab one in the future to do a REAL compare between the two tuners. So keep your comments about me to yourself. Cuase you dont know me. Just like I dont know you. Once again this was a THOUGHT not a theory.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Well it is an open forum and people do talk out their a** from time to time or should I say contradict themselves......

Here's your two quotes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterman View Post
Just a thought I was thinking alot about the fiasco with you and Dave about his tune killing your tranny. Well I have a theory.......
You tell me up there^ you had a thought/theory then you tell me down here v to keep my comments to myself but yet you didn't keep yours to yourself from jump street with your thought/theory comment....LOL give me a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterman View Post
So keep your comments about me to yourself. Cuase you dont know me. Just like I dont know you. Once again this was a THOUGHT not a theory.

First off I'm just stating facts on my side and if I put two and two together so be it.....anyone in my shoes would feel the same way. I ran Sean tunes (hemifever) for 5months not with one probably, then I run Dave's tunes (whitelightning) and BAM 4 days later my tranny takes a dump. Come to find out from the dealer from what dave tune me for was the exact problems that should up on the scanner. That's not a thought/theory (whatever you wanna call it), it's the straight up facts. Maybe I had it coming with my tranny but it's pretty crazy that it happens days after loading up dave's tune, don't you think? Enjoy the rest of the day Dusterman....no hard feeling on my side but COME ON MAN! LOL
Old 05-02-2013, 05:51 PM

Eh I dont have hard feelings. From my first post I shouldnt of said theory. It was a thought that I thought today. But its all good. If my tranny craps out then I have no one to blame but myself for doing all this stuff to my truck. I do hate worrying everytime I drive it if it will go out. Not because of the tune. Just with the stall and all the other crap ive done. Sometimes I do just want to go back to stock. And wait till after warranty is done. I guesd the future will tell
Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Q-cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:28
CJ.2007Ram is on a distinguished road

Maybe we should find a way to hook up an old 727 to our Hemis
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ.2007Ram View Post
Maybe we should find a way to hook up an old 727 to our Hemis
You can old school muscle cars like roadrunner and chargers and challengers do it they take 3rd gen hemi motors out of the junk yard and buy a swap kit for there 727 and put them in they just use. A stand alone computer for the motor like the hemi msd module
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Mine's trans is still holding ,
3 years of abuse so far and a 3000 stall for two of those years
Never tuned aggressively, 93 Canned tune from Diablo suits me fine.
and as long as I got my 13's I was a happy camper with that.

Ordered a Ripp today, to start season #4
and will be building up a trans to pair it with over the Summer.

...either that or I will try an ATS

Just because one failed a year ago doesn't mean they all will,
otherwise they wouldn't have a warranty, and wouldn't still be in business.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP