DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dodge29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
I have a 2011 RAM 1500 with 9,150 miles on it. Two days ago my truck started to do the same thing. I can turn the key to the on position and everything turns on in the with full power so I know its not a battery issue. I even tried jumping the truck just to make sure. When I tried to start it I get the same "Click" sound but nothing else. A friend told me to try and put it in neutral and start it, and sure as $#!& it started right up.

So I drove it right to the dealer. Where it stayed for two days, only for them to tell me that they could not recreate the issue and could not find anything wrong, so I could come and pick it up.

I drove the truck from the dealer to a store a few miles away only to come out and be stuck for an hour in the parking lot because the truck won't start at all.

I find it very disappointing to have a new truck that is having an issue like this, and to be turned away from the dealership which I bought it at. The truck is going back to the dealer in the morning to be looked at for the second time. These trucks are not cheap and therefore in my opinion are held to a higher accountability then others and my experience so far is only going to deter me from purchasing Dodge in the future. I think a call to Chrysler is due. Thanks SPSVRMAN for the tip.

Been fighting the EXACT same problem at my dealership, I'm not going back there again. I'm currenly scheduled to visit another nearby on Monday but it has been starting for four days in a row now. Not sure what to do. I've seen enough of this on this fourm that you'd think Dodge would get a clue already!! Mine will always start when in neutral, they did put in a new transmission range sensor . . . what the hell!! This is base model ST and it was $36,000!! I to have called the 1-800 Chrysler, not heard back yet.

Last edited by dodge29; 04-06-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat
Rep:49
thebluegoat is on a distinguished road

I had this exact same issue for a while. I complained to my dealer when it was in for service one time and they took it in and did a computer update or flash for it and it has never done it since.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Bright White
Dvp16 is on a distinguished road
Default same starting problem

I have been having the same problem for over a year. At first it happened every few months now it is weekly. Usually if I wait 5 minutes it will eventually start. I called Chrysler and had it towed once but when it got to the dealership it started right up. I did make a video of one of the instances so I would have some evidence. I am about 3K miles away from the lemon law expiration in my State so I have to either get this fixed or ask for a buy back. Problem is my dealership does not seem interested in trying to fix the issue unless a code pops up and slaps them about the face. Very sad.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Bright White
Dvp16 is on a distinguished road
Default sorry about the ad ware in the post

I tried to look at the other posters you tube video on the starting problem and somehow an ad jumped into my post.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
hemiorganizer is on a distinguished road

Hey guys....
Just another Hemi with a "no-start" issue.
My 2012 Sport just started doing the same thing as Jackson's.

I have read all of your "helps" and now I am off to the dealership to demand they fix this animal.

My '12 has 76,000 kms (Canada, eh!)... so I LIVE in my truck, and cannot afford the lost time in the shop. I also travel all over Northern Ontario...and Canada, so being stranded....REALLY means being stranded. Roadside assistance, my ass...ya gotta have a road...to get assistance!!

My main concern is that I to have a "stubby antenna" which they may blame this issue on...LMAO.

Anyway...all you guys ROCK...and thanks Jackson for your work...and of course, thanks Warlock for just crackin' us all up...all the time!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:11
Justn519 is on a distinguished road

I finally got this problem fixed after 2 years on my 2011 R/T, had it in the shop for 2 days last month could not get it to start at all even in neutral like a used to do whenever this would occur.... they eventually found out that the battery was bad and now it has been fine ever since so make sure you get your battery checked. It is crazy that the battery has been the problem for 2 years after so many times in service for the same problem
Old 08-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: silver
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
raccoonmama is on a distinguished road

My dad has 2- '01 Rams that do something similar, doesn't matter if they are cold or hot, try to start, they don't takes 2-3 tries. It's not the starter or batteries.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLR
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
bhcobb9162 is on a distinguished road
Default trick for hard starting 2011 ram

don't know if this is the same thing but here goes. I try to start and noting but starter noise. finally starts after several tries so I take it to my local mechanic. he puts it on the computer and no codes but it starts for him. seems to happen after sitting for a while (like overnight). he checks fuel pressure and finds none. the part he suspects is in national backorder (recall coming?). By some luck he dertemines if I cycle the key off and on for 5 or 6 times, it will start. once started, it runs fine. still happening and the cycling trick works but for how long? I need to get to the botom of this issue.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

RAMFAN10 is on a distinguished road

My 2011 does something similar. Every once in a while I will go out to start it and it seems like the starter keeps trying to start the truck after its already trying to fire and it sounds like it try to flood out. Turn the key off and start it again and everything is fine. Has done it about a dozen times in the few months I've owned the truck.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:33
MOFOGO is on a distinguished road

My 2012 just started doing this. Three weeks ago it did it once, yesterday it did it twice. The first two times it started in park on the second try, the last time it clicked for two attempts, then started right up on the third try. I left it in park every time, just to see what it would do. To those who had this problem fixed, have you had any recurring incidents, or is it really fixed?