DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:33
MOFOGO is on a distinguished road
Default Light it up!! Gen.4 front ram head mod.

This is just a mock-up on my kitchen table, but I think it's going to turn out pretty good. My 2012 Express is white, so this already matches, but any (LEGAL) color lights can be used. I noticed a REESE brand Ram Head hitch cover in WallyWorld that appeared to be the same size as my grille emblem, so I took a chance. After a little filing on the top edge, and a little trimming behind the stock emblem, it fits! This thing has red lights, which are NOT legal on the front of a private vehicle, so I replaced them with white LED strip-lights. These two pictures are just temporary, the lights are scotch taped in place for now. Tomorrow I'll get some bolts for mounting, and I'll take some pictures showing the whole process, along with installed and lit-up. I like the "GhostRam" look when it's on, when it's off it looks exactly like a stock grille emblem, all black and chrome. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram1.jpg (2.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg ram2.jpg (2.2 KB, 152 views)
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Ryank has a spectacular aura aboutRyank has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFOGO View Post
This is just a mock-up on my kitchen table, but I think it's going to turn out pretty good. My 2012 Express is white, so this already matches, but any (LEGAL) color lights can be used. I noticed a REESE brand Ram Head hitch cover in WallyWorld that appeared to be the same size as my grille emblem, so I took a chance. After a little filing on the top edge, and a little trimming behind the stock emblem, it fits! This thing has red lights, which are NOT legal on the front of a private vehicle, so I replaced them with white LED strip-lights. These two pictures are just temporary, the lights are scotch taped in place for now. Tomorrow I'll get some bolts for mounting, and I'll take some pictures showing the whole process, along with installed and lit-up. I like the "GhostRam" look when it's on, when it's off it looks exactly like a stock grille emblem, all black and chrome. What do you guys think?
I have the hitch cover to but didn't end up using this you have anymore details on the mod, I'd like to to do this!!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank View Post
I have the hitch cover to but didn't end up using this you have anymore details on the mod, I'd like to to do this!!
Sorry for the delay, had a medical emergency (Wife's Mom) rushed to Hospital right after I posted this. Haven't had time to finish it, hopefully before the week is up will be able to post some more pics, including installed and wired up.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Here's mine
very easy mod

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:22 PM

Those eyes look good! Go back and re-read my original post. I'm not doing the eyes, this is a change-out from the factory grille emblem to a REESE ramhead hitch plug that lights up, modified with clear LED's to be legal on the front. This will be wired into the front wiring, and will be on with the other lights. Look at my original 2 pics (not very clear, I know) but both are the hitch plug, NOT the factory emblem. The first is un-lit, the second is lit-up. That's the way it will appear on the truck; stock until the lights are turned on, then ONLY the ramhead will be white light. You can wire to an aux. switch and run any color for off-road or racing.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

I know witch one it is, a friend of mine has it.
also you can wire it or them up to your alarm there is a member here who has that one that way when your alarm is on it blinks. being your lights would blink with the alarm (when in park not attended) it is very legal.
just trying to give more options that's all

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Ryank has a spectacular aura aboutRyank has a spectacular aura about

I made mine because I actually had some white LEDs and that hitch cover sitting around, but its to big to fit where the stock emblem goes, any ideas?