DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

The mount I use for the Hi-Lift is the Loc-Rac. It has stood up to three vehicles and about 175,000 miles of use. Still holds tight, no rattling.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

I thought I had pictures of when I was installing the headrest monitors. I will keep looking for them post them if I find them.

The cords to power them are run inside the seats and then under the carpet up to the dash. The interface for the video inputs is secured underneath the radio and behind the center faceplate. I also put in a second set of video inputs in the upper glovebox by the USB port so that I can play video from an iPod as a second video channel. That way each headrest can show a different movie if I want it to. The video ports were the double female connectors off of a wall plate such as for a home theater system. Just drilled the hole and bolted them in plugged the backside with the cables from the input box and the front is clean and available with no extra cords hanging until you plug in the iPod.

With the MyGig I can also play the movie on the front screen while moving if I want to as well.

The monitors themselves, I installed by removing the headrests from the truck. I took the cloth off and then just cut the foam until I was happy with the screen placement. I then put the cloth back over the foam and then just cut diagonally across the square of removed foam. Essentially making an X across the opening so there are four triangles of cloth falling into the hole. I then screwed the monitor supports in with the excess cloth pinched underneath and the cuts allowing it to look smooth and finished. Again, If I find the pictures I will post them.

The process was one I followed from a youtube video I found on installing them. It was actually a very easy process and I wouldn't hesitate to tackle it again.

I hope I find the pictures and can put them up. If nothing else, I could pull the screen and just show how it looks underneath. I will try and get something up for them in the next couple of days.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice sweet 2500, love how you set it up, great stuff, Love the front/rear winch, sweet.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Medic View Post

The mount I use for the Hi-Lift is the Loc-Rac. It has stood up to three vehicles and about 175,000 miles of use. Still holds tight, no rattling.

Nice setup in the bed, the Hi-Lifts are truly a great piece of equipment to have

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well, after all that work, I am now taking it apart again. But it is for a good reason. The wife and I have been doing a steady amount of shopping for a nice bunk house fifth wheel. After much discussion we decieded that we would rather have a diesel and a long box for some of our longer trips with a trailer like that. So I am trading this one in and getting a new 2012 3500.

Here is a picture of the one I just made the purchase arrangements for.

A big shout out to Thad Tucker at Dave Smith Motors for working with me while I sorted through all the details and questions of making sure I got exactly what the wife and I wanted. My family has bought from Dave Smith before and I will definitely look at doing it again. Although I am hoping this one will be like my '99 was and I drive it for many years and many miles.

I will be excited as many of my accessories will transfer easily and then of course there is the fun of setting up a new one again. Biggest thing I see to do will be getting some steel bumpers on it. That red just screams to be paired up with some black instead of the chrome. I am leaning towards either the Black Steel Elite's from Fab Four or the Sports from Ranchhand. Either way, gonna go with the bumper mounted winch for the front and use my bracket mounted one for the gooseneck flatbed and the truck rear if and when I need it.

I will put together a build thread for the red one when it gets here. Trying to plan the day to go get it, maybe the end of next week.

Just got to think of a good name for this one. It feels like it needs a name.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 11:11 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Now that is a nice looking truck!

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Just cancelled the deal on the red one. Damn the process of buying a vehicle. Why is it every damn time you have been talking numbers you get to the end and they want to start juggling and then trying to show you how even though it might seem like suddenly you are paying $2000 more really it is still a good deal. We are so close, lets just wrap this up. I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just on principle, I will not go through that kind of run around. I get lied to and having people trying to manipulate me every day in my job. No damn need to pay someone to do it to me. You want my money and my business then you shoot straight.

Needless to say, I am still pissed.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

That sucks to hear man. But I'm sure you'll find a good deal somewhere else.

Have you ever checked out billion auto up there in South Dakota? I bought my truck there and got a great deal. Plus they brought truck down to me. I'm not sure if they've got what your looking for but they are a good dealer to work with

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE

Last edited by Kcbigbadram; 05-09-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yeah, we actually bought the wife a 2006 Durango brand new from them. My biggest issue is we really want the Laramie and the bench seat and I am only finding a handfull of them in the 2012 3500's. It is looking like it will be a dealer trade no matter what if I can get one. Got two on my radar that I am going to see if they can get done.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I think I found a good compromise. There is a 2012 Outdoorsman that is fully loaded with all the features I like and we will just add a Katzkin leather interior to the deal. It actually gives me the leather interior I want but also gets rid of the Chrome mirrors and door handles that I abhorr about the Laramie packages. The other bonus is that it is white and grey exterior which is by far my favorite color scheme for the exterior. Trying hard to not get too excited until I have the keys in my hand, but starting to get there.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread