DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HemiF7 is on a distinguished road

Really like rhe look and stance of your truck mango... I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what combo to go with. The xd spy's don't come in the 0 offset like your cranks and I want the past the wheel well look like you have going on. So maybe ill try and find the cranks with the toyo at2 in a 35 like you guys ate suggesting....just don't want to loose the performance I feel my truck had over most other trucks I've come in contact with. I'll look around on eBay for a good combo like yours, where did u purchase if you don't mind me asking...
Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiF7 View Post
Really like rhe look and stance of your truck mango... I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what combo to go with. The xd spy's don't come in the 0 offset like your cranks and I want the past the wheel well look like you have going on. So maybe ill try and find the cranks with the toyo at2 in a 35 like you guys ate suggesting....just don't want to loose the performance I feel my truck had over most other trucks I've come in contact with. I'll look around on eBay for a good combo like yours, where did u purchase if you don't mind me asking...

Sorry for the late response, I was working out in the field all last week and thanks for the compliments, one thing I can tell you about the cranks is that the pictures on the internet donít do it justice, not even close! They are bada$$ looking in person and I get compliments all the time.

The whole wheel and tire debate is nothing but internal turmoil until you finally pull the triggerÖ Thatís why I love this forum you can really research your options and people are willing to help and encourage when the can.

I purchased everything from a local dealer. The rough country kit cost me $550 installed with an alignment which isnít to terrible (welcome to Canada where everything is double the price) but I digress lol. If you go with 35Ē tires your truck wonít feel as ďsportyĒ but it definitely looks and feels more like a truck. A lot of people also overlook the fact that when you go from the stock 33ís to 35ís you gain in inch of lift simply by installing a larger tire. So it really comes down to how you use your truckÖ If you like to take corners fast and bark the tires definitely donít get a 35Ē AT tire. If you will use your truck like I do (hunting, fishing, mountain biking, getting firewood ect) driving down fire roads Iíd definitely say get 35ís, you have a bit more tire to cushion your rim and an extra inch of clearance.

But you also have to take into account the rim you want to go with and thatís when offset becomes important. If you donít have the correct offset you will have rubbing and nobody likes that. 0 degrees is optimal for our trucks since you wonít have to do any trimming and you can easily clear a 35x12.5 tire with the tires sticking out just about an inch. -12 and -24 are also very popular offsets since they push the wheels out a little further to give you a really wide stance which a lot of people like. You can also use a wheel spacer if you fall in love with a rim but it doesnít have the offset you need. I personally donít like spacers since they stress your studs but many members are using them with zero issues.

So itís up to you bud, Iím of course a fan of 35Ēs and a 0 offset because that what Iím running and itís the look that I like.

If you are looking to purchase online I would HIGHLY recommend Discount Auto Performance. They have great prices and are huge supporters of this form and post tons of really helpful information on this forum. They can be reached at:

Jeremiah:
jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance

Andrew:
fastNugly@discountautoperformance

They can also answer any questions you have about fitment.

Hope this helped!

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Great post MangoTangoMofo! Definitely a lot of good info there for HemiF7.

HemiF7, if you want some more pictures and options to look at here's a link to my thread with my install of wheels and tires:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141365

I'm running a 2.5" HBS leveling kit, 0.75" TGC rear coil spacers with 20x9 -12 offset wheels and 35x12.5 Toyo MT's.

I also purchased my wheels and tires (as well as a tuner and accessories previously) from Discount Auto Performance. Great customer service and great guys to work with. Highly recommend them as well. You don't have enough posts to PM them but if you add ".com" to the end of the usernames MangoTangoMofo gave you, you can email them.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:10
HemiF7 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the good advice guys I really appreciate it... I'm in a bad spot right now...on the way home from work this morning my truck started whinning from the rear end pretty bad and is now in the shop. I'm gonna wait on dropping the cash on the new tires and wheels as of now which is a real big disappointment. If this fix costs me I'm just gonna buy a new ram sport I think... Always something.... I'll let everyone know what happened to my truck and what I'm going to do about it.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear man! Hopefully they will cover this under warranty for you (if you’re still covered) be sure to push it at the dealer.

Just as an F.Y.I I JUST received a recall notice for my rear axel pinion nut today code N08. if that turns out to be the issue be sure to mention that there is a known problem with our gen ram and you are still waiting on your recall notice. It could save you some cash.

Best of luck!

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps