DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
My stomach always turns inside out whenever I have to go to a dealer. This experience was no different. Went to pick the truck up last night and only drove 100 yards and a loud constant scraping noise was present. To make matters worse, I told the service writer specifically not to do any other work to my truck. For example: Reflash of my computer, TieRod End replacement. He actually told me that the tie rod ends were not even availble yet from Dodge. Anyway, when I got there last night, my computer was reflashed and the tie rod fairy sprinkled two new ends behind my front wheels. Nowhere on the receipt was any mention of a front end alignment. Anyone ever hear of disassembling a front end and NOT aligning the front end? The truck is still there and will be at least until Monday, after lots and lots of non-pleasant conversation they gave me a new Hyundai to drive until then. Dealers earn their reputation everyday!
I suppose new parts aren't such a bad thing, are they covering you for the new flash and the tie-rods? Kind of weird how the tie-rods mysteriously became available, what was the re-flash for? Hopefully that improves the driveability for you. Can't recall seeing a dust shield on the inside of the rotor but that could be the scraping noise you hear? Good luck with your truck, hopefully it all works out.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Color: Blue, Sexy Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:66
seanbeckaroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
My stomach always turns inside out whenever I have to go to a dealer. This experience was no different. Went to pick the truck up last night and only drove 100 yards and a loud constant scraping noise was present. To make matters worse, I told the service writer specifically not to do any other work to my truck. For example: Reflash of my computer, TieRod End replacement. He actually told me that the tie rod ends were not even availble yet from Dodge. Anyway, when I got there last night, my computer was reflashed and the tie rod fairy sprinkled two new ends behind my front wheels. Nowhere on the receipt was any mention of a front end alignment. Anyone ever hear of disassembling a front end and NOT aligning the front end? The truck is still there and will be at least until Monday, after lots and lots of non-pleasant conversation they gave me a new Hyundai to drive until then. Dealers earn their reputation everyday!
The re-flash was possibly for the transmission, as I heard there is a new flash for that. Tie-rods were most likely a recall item if you hadn't had your changed yet. I doubt they would let the truck out the bay without performing a recall item. As for alignment, I don't believe it's necessary for tie rods; would it hurt, no...is it something that MUST be done...no. I would go back to bitchin' because you asked them not to do other work. Good luck, I'm still searching for a dealer I can trust myself
Old 05-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

I feel you pain on the bearings. Mine went at 55,000 and I discovered the extended warranty didn't cover them.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
tjcin is on a distinguished road

Don't know if there is such a thing as a dealer you can trust. If you find one please post their name. I have yet to get a survey regarding my service visit. I am also considering going to the BBB and opening a complaint. Not to ramble on about it, but besides my truck I own a BMW and they understand tons more than Chrysler about customer satisfaction and the experience of ownership. The fuel guage broke and they fixed it under warranty. You pull your vehicle into their garage and your no questions asked loaner is brought to you. 3 weeks after fixing it, it broke again. I called the SM and explained it was a PITA driving almost an hour back to the dealer. He sent a driver to my house who left me a new 1 series and took my car back to the dealer. When it was fixed they brought it back to my house. I know you're thinking that my truck was less than my BMW, but you would be incorrect. My truck, just like lots of guys on here, had a sticker price of $45000. If, as a manufacturer, you are that proud of a vehicle to charge all that money, then make the experience of owning it a pleasureable one!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram trx4
Trim Level: Trx4 standard cab
Color: deepwater blue over graphite
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
dodgeman1821 is on a distinguished road
Default left wheel bearing

Hi my name is Tim I have a 2010 TRX4 and had only 17,000 and had left front go out on me to. they replaced it for free. I have also been around cars for over 50 years and when I heard it I knew what it was to.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I have replaced both on my Ram, I bought replacements from NAPA and dealer installed . The premium NAPA ones are made in USA and I seem to remember have a 5 year warrantee. I think they were around $190 each. NAPA gives me a discount. BTW, driver's side failed at 135,000 miles, passenger side at 185,000 miles.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf.Line-X Bedliner, 210,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW