DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough
Default 32,000 Mile Service Cost plus Recalls

Went ahead and had my 32,000 mile service done.

Total Bill was $534.92

Oil Change and Filter
Tire Rotation
Parking brake adjustment (I am sure it was need )
Replacement of 16 Spark Plugs (Tune Up)

My wallet felt rather light. Also I had to drop it off and was teaching all day so I never spoke to the service guy. Only messages.

I called two weeks prior about recalls. They said they had the parts for the Pinion nut in for me.

Were waiting for the glove box lights.

Got the truck back after service and parts closed. Guess what they didn't do any of the recalls. Said they had to order parts. I even left a note for the service writer that parts for the pinion nut were at parts.

Fun time at the dealership. Now I have to call back tomorrow....
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have a suggestion
If you have not yet signed up for an Extended Warranty, do it before 36,000 miles
they let you make payments & your original warranty does have value still,
when you sign up for the new extended warranty, they PRO RATE your original warranty

I signed up for the Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty at 34,000 miles
the Pro Rated original warranty paid for all but $1,100 of the price of the new warranty
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2516
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 ^^^^ to that. Worth doing.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: express rcs 2wd
Color: mineral gray
Rep:24
abouttobeglue is on a distinguished road

i found spark plug changes vary by dealer, dealer i bought the truck from wanted 430, dealer 10 minutes from my apt charged me 190, apparently they discounted the hell out of it, showed a 200 dollar credit applied.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500 Ram - Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX 4 Off Road
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl / Light Greystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Rocky Harbour is on a distinguished road

Sounds a little steep to me. As bad as our local dealership is they do the plug change for $200 flat rate. That would leave $300 for the remainder of the work?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 PM

Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Harbour View Post
Sounds a little steep to me. As bad as our local dealership is they do the plug change for $200 flat rate. That would leave $300 for the remainder of the work?
I do live in the suburbs of Chicago, so that alone does not surprise me in terms of higher labor costs. They are only 3 minutes from my house. They charged 4.54 per plug for parts. I think the cost of the labor was $299 for the tune up.

In all honesty I was shocked, but not surprised. I had some expectation of that cost when I dropped in off. When I had a Mitsubishi Lancer, my 30K service ran me $650 on a car I bought for 15,500....So I guess that much on a truck that was 40,000 plus doesn't surprise me.

When I was looking at trucks, the initial cost of the Ram was a better bang for the buck, but the estimated maintenance cost was listed as higher.

All I can say it feels like it has a little more pull when you step on the happy pedal.

I did find out about the recall thing. They had the pinion nut kit from Ram, but it was missing parts. They reordered it for me and the glove box and underhood light is slim pickings. Will have to wait for those items.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

I hope you were not using river front Chrysler. I found that to be the worst all around dealer for everything. in the area I live in. I live in Montgomery il which is just outside of aurora.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 05-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:10
RadRam77 is on a distinguished road

im at 41k and havent done any of that yet... is this bad? lol
Old 05-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

At about 40,000 miles i had my spark plugs changed at the dealership
to tell you the truth, i think it was too early, they were in fine shape
the burn color was close to perfect, the edges of the electrodes were not rounded off, the gap was almost dead on

i asked for them to be returned to me, before i asked them to change them, as i do for most parts that they 'RECOMMEND' be replaced & that i have to pay for

If they are paying for the part, they can keep it

I replaced my own air filters after the first time, they replaced the first one & i pulled it out for some reason right after that & under the filter there was hay straw, bugs, & a bunch of dirt. I left it in there & took my Ram back to the Service Dept. & had them clean it out. That put them on notice, i don't let that kind of service pass. After that, i brought donuts for them every time i had a service done. They never played me like the first time again & they were actually happy to see me when i went in for service.
Now they changed to the EXPRESS Lane service & i am not very happy, no donuts for them
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle