DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HVAC mech Mitch is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 ram Tuning?

Hey guys, new to the forum, new to trucks, had a challenger and a jeep for the longest time. Figured it was time to get into a truck.
I went to a local performance/accessory shop here in Edmonton Alberta today an the guy there told me only 2 tuners are available for the '13 5.7l rams, Hypertech Interceptor and Edge Performances' Juice Attitude.
Anyone out there have one of the 2 installed? or have any helpful info they could pass on to me with regards to buying one.
I have a Diablo Sport DCX Intune I-1000 or whatever it's called. No tuning available for 13 rams yet.
Also any other helpful mod ideas (peoples experience or opinion with the different CAI's out there for example---i saw one thread where buddy couldn't get his CAI to fit with the hood closed)
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the Bully Dog Hemi +, they just released the tune for the 2013 ram, its probably not indicated on there site but check with Discount Auto Performance here on the site they can get it for you.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1962
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Yes, what Asur said ^^^ The Bully Dog is a way better option.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 HD
Color: Red
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC mech Mitch View Post
Hey guys, new to the forum, new to trucks, had a challenger and a jeep for the longest time. Figured it was time to get into a truck.
I went to a local performance/accessory shop here in Edmonton Alberta today an the guy there told me only 2 tuners are available for the '13 5.7l rams, Hypertech Interceptor and Edge Performances' Juice Attitude.
Anyone out there have one of the 2 installed? or have any helpful info they could pass on to me with regards to buying one.
I have a Diablo Sport DCX Intune I-1000 or whatever it's called. No tuning available for 13 rams yet.
Also any other helpful mod ideas (peoples experience or opinion with the different CAI's out there for example---i saw one thread where buddy couldn't get his CAI to fit with the hood closed)
Will have to look into this, I was unaware that Edge had one for the 13's yet.

BullyDog just released the 2013 tuner last week.

2014 2500 HD
aka "Big Red"
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:10
HVAC mech Mitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Yes, what Asur said ^^^ The Bully Dog is a way better option.

You have the bullydog hemi+ eh?
On the website i can' see any mention to dyno's or HP/TQ gains or fuel economy gains etc,
have you noticed anything in particular???
Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Bright White
Rep:312
Chris b is a jewel in the roughChris b is a jewel in the roughChris b is a jewel in the roughChris b is a jewel in the rough

If bullydogs out diablo want be far behind
K&N 63cai\Fastman 84mm\BT catch-can\e-fan\180 t-stat\Flowmaster super44\Belltech 2"-4" 964sp\BT custom shifter\20% tint\light blue racing stripes\BD pillar pod\Diablo trinity\Hemifever custom tune\two Memphis 10" subs\custom ported box\Memphis 600amp\Weathertech techliner\MBRP 5" tips\ ARH 1 7/8 long tube headers
Old 05-21-2013, 11:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris b View Post
If bullydogs out diablo want be far behind
x2 I'd hold out for Diablo to release the tuning on the 13's if you want the best for le$$

I saw the BD Hemi+ at Capital in Edmonton at noon today for $650
My Diablosport Trinity, that allows Custom tuning, was $100 less

I've had Superchips, Bully Dog GT and a Diablosport Trinity on my 2010 5.7L Hemi Ram
the only one I still own is the Diablo Trinity. Same goes for several friends that tried them all too.

Chris at CCMR in Spruce Grove is a Diablo Dealer
and certified CMR tuner with an on-site dyno.

He does most of the high end Mopar Hemi cars/jeeps/trucks in the area

http://www.ccmrmobiledyno.com/

more dyno day pic's here: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65939&page=17

Get a Catch Can from him ASAP too!!! #1 1st day mod for any 4G Hemi
just talk to the guy for 20 minutes and you will be amazed how well he know's Hemi's

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 05-21-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
I saw the BD Hemi+ at Capital in Edmonton at noon today for $650

You can get the Bully Dog Hemi + for 400$ and apparently there can tunes are better than Diablo, so if your not going for specify setups and personalized tunes you might like the Bully Dog Hemi +, and they are presently shipping with 2013 compatible tunes, + they will work on the 4.7 engine also. But if you are going to use it and personalize your own tunes or buy tunes from venders that produce specialized tunes like Hemi fever and white lightning and I think a few others, then wait for the Diablo, it can accommodate many more features.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1962
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC mech Mitch View Post
You have the bullydog hemi+ eh?
On the website i can' see any mention to dyno's or HP/TQ gains or fuel economy gains etc,
have you noticed anything in particular???
Yes, both Asur and myself are running the Bully Dog GT for Hemi Plus.

The website claims around 30+ HP and 35+ foot pounds on the performance tune I believe. So far I've only run the regular tune so I haven't noticed those kind of numbers. But there definitely is added power and torque. Plus the shift points are 10 times better! That's the biggest difference. It keeps the truck in the power longer and when it should be rather than changing to the next gear and having to low of an RPM and then having to downshift again.

As far as fuel economy goes I was seeing 17.5-18.5 MPG tank averages with the stock wheels and tires. (Also had a CAI and exhaust). My highway mileage was up around 22 or 23 MPG so I definitely can't complain about that. So far with 35" Toyo MT's I'm averaging around 15.5-16.1 MPG and my highway mileage is around 17-18 MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
You can get the Bully Dog Hemi + for 400$ and apparently there can tunes are better than Diablo, so if your not going for specify setups and personalized tunes you might like the Bully Dog Hemi +, and they are presently shipping with 2013 compatible tunes, + they will work on the 4.7 engine also. But if you are going to use it and personalize your own tunes or buy tunes from venders that produce specialized tunes like Hemi fever and white lightning and I think a few others, then wait for the Diablo, it can accommodate many more features.
Again, exactly what Asur said ^^^

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 05-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Just wait till diablo comes out with a tune...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 05-22-2013 at 01:29 PM.