DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Noobie assistance with Alpine type s

So I got 4 Alpine type s speakers at a very good price So I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist with what is required to swap to them from my garbage stock speakers.

I have an 08 Quad cab with just the stock speakers.

These alpines are 6.5Inches.
Have done pretty much everything else on vehicles except audio, so any input and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
Speedogomer is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure what size the stock speakers are on the 08s, the 09+ are 6x9s.

If they are 6x9s, you can have an audio shop make plates to adapt a 6x9 hole for a 6.5, or buy aftermarket adapters. The aftermarket adapters might need a little trimming, but would be very easy to do.

To wire the speakers, they sell a harness that plugs into the speaker, and they has a clip that plugs directly into the dodge speaker wire harness, no cutting required.

Amazon has then cheap, sold in pairs amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007WTEVM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile .

Metra 72-6514 is the part if the link dosent work.

You'll just have to take the doors off. Again, I've only worked on 09+,but should be simple, and there's guides online for that.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
I'm not sure what size the stock speakers are on the 08s, the 09+ are 6x9s.

If they are 6x9s, you can have an audio shop make plates to adapt a 6x9 hole for a 6.5, or buy aftermarket adapters. The aftermarket adapters might need a little trimming, but would be very easy to do.

To wire the speakers, they sell a harness that plugs into the speaker, and they has a clip that plugs directly into the dodge speaker wire harness, no cutting required.

Amazon has then cheap, sold in pairs amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007WTEVM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile .

Metra 72-6514 is the part if the link dosent work.

You'll just have to take the doors off. Again, I've only worked on 09+,but should be simple, and there's guides online for that.
Hm I might be able to make a plate myself at work with some sheets of metal laying around. I guess I will have to pop the doors off before hand. Very easy to do compared to some vehicles. Tip.. Never try to take the door panels off of a volvo..

So I am guessing a harness will be needed if I don't want to cutting wires.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Rep:12
Speedogomer is on a distinguished road

Yes if you don't have a harness, you'll have to cut. The ones in the amazon link above are only about $6 a pair, so it's worth getting them.

If you make them yourself, you'll just have to make sure they're sturdy and fit correctly. Anything loose and the rattle it creates will drive you up the wall.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 2500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: grey
Rep:31
autokraftgt is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't use metal to fabricate adapters....you'll be asking for serious resonances which will drive you carzy....use mdf
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by autokraftgt View Post
I wouldn't use metal to fabricate adapters....you'll be asking for serious resonances which will drive you carzy....use mdf
Yea good call. I think I was just thinking of an excuse to get to play around with metal.. I also got some mdf at my shop that could use.