DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension

Notices

Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension TLC™ is the patented air suspension for that solves the problems hauling or towing heavy loads with coil springs. Fits all 2009-14 RAM 1500 including Ecodiesel and just introduced for 2014 RAM 2500! No modification required; keep the coil springs. TLC also makes units for 02-13 RAM 2500 & 02-14 RAM 3500 with leaf springs. TLC adds over 5,000 lbs of lifting power to level any load or tow with the largest air springs on any full-size pickup – 9” Goodyear® dual bellows. Your truck will be safer, handle better and go faster around curves. TLC doesn’t interfere with the factory ride. You’ve never experienced the power of air bags until you try Total Load Control™. Easy to install; no drilling; fits leveled & body lifted trucks. We introduced TLC on the Z and have many happy Z customers. Get Total Load Control Today!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Emorris69 is on a distinguished road
Angry TLC Leaks

Hey guys, I have had a TLC system since December and up until a month ago everything worked great. Then I must have broken a mirror or something, I have been having nothing but bad luck. First my check valve went TLC was great and there techs sent me a new one and included there new bag mounting system which is great. Then when I went to replace it I took it off the top of my compressor was broken. Well I figured id replace the valve anyway and when I got the new one on I had to go to the gas station to fill up I figured everything was going to be great. Well it wasn't, after I refilled the bags I got the spray bottle out and started looking for the leak, well turns out the new check valve was also leaking. So I decided to get a cap after I got the system re-sealed I filled it again and there is still a leak somewhere. I'm almost ready to rip the whole thing out and blow it up. Anyone have any ideas before I get the explosives out?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Emorris-

Have you been able to pinpoint the leak this time? I installed my system, 2 months later it was leaking, so I had to pull the fittings at the bags (screw in type) and put teflon tape on the threads. Works good now, and has been holding solid for months with the same air.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 06-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I have not checked the rear yet I need to get it into the garage tomorrow. Have you had any success in taking the "Y" fittings apart once you have air lines in them?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:49 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

yes, simply pull backwards on the end of the fitting and pull the hose out of the fitting. it is a quick release (think air hose on an impact gun, same concept.)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ok, Ill have to give that a try and pull them out to tighten the fittings on the bags. I need to install the new mounting system anyway.

Just for reference I should be able to have the truck level with them partially inflated. Is that correct? Do you know what the minimal hold pressure is on the supplied check valve?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:08 PM
US Army Retired

Truck should be level under load between 10 and 20 psi. with no load it sits a little higher in the rear than it does in front.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yea then something is wrong with 5psi in the bags I have a 2" lift. The only time I ever need to keep it above that is was a load on the hitch.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Truck should be level under load between 10 and 20 psi. with no load it sits a little higher in the rear than it does in front.
Mine does this, I had installed the bilstiens 5100's in the front to level the truck, then when I put my TLC system in, it got a rake again, now its 2" higher in the rear with only 5lbs in the bags, and it rides a bit ruff on bumps, I put 8lbs in the bags, rides super nice but now its 3" higher in the rear, any idea's on how to fix this or will it sit back down over time? I spoke to john about it and he said I was the only one with the problem, I was trying to find time to take a video of it with no air, 5lb's and 8lbs of air in the bags but just have not had the time yet to do it, any insights you could give on this?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I have the front lifted with a HBS 2.5 but I started having problems before I installed the leveling kit
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM
US Army Retired

I honestly have never taken measurements, and I dont have the front leveled out so I am not sure if there was any difference pre TLC and post.

If there is, there is no fault in the design of the system, it may simply be the fact that there is now a bag setup where before there was none and thats giving you your added height.

I can tell you with my system installed, it doesnt SEEM to sit any higher in the rear with 5psi, but it may, I honestly have never measured because it doesnt bother me. If I had a leveled front end, I would have the perfect amount of rake for my tastes.